Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Lovepedal Eternity.

@Jakeboy, I should have jump on the Treble Booster when you suggested it. When I was playing out I was having trouble boosting with enough volume for the band to hear me. IMHO we were just too loud, but the treble booster would have done the trick. I just picked up a Lovepedal Eternity and with the glass knob this thing jumps out. Its not working for what I intended, but putting it through my 18Watt Ghia it makes the jump and cut that you need. What a great lead booster as well as an overdrive and stacks super well with other pedals. 

A treble booster is usually good for that for sure. My Monsterpiece STUD is a Klone and I find it has enough treble on hand to provide the volume & cut if I need it.  My Lovepedal SSSRV has plenty of cut with the treble cranked too.

The only Eternity variant I have is a Kanji. It sounds really good but is a little  dark so It is amp dependent. It does not have a glass knob.

The Kzoo side of my Box of Awesome does have a Glass knob and I keep that thing cranked so it is bright enough.

If the Lovepedal SNS sales ever come back, I will grab an Eternity variant or two, I am sure.

I built a couple of Eternity clones a few years ago, but I don't remember which version.  I know it had a glass knob... in my case a martini glass.

jAXQQ9z.jpg

I also modded a few Boss SD-1's with the Eternity mod.  I like the E's crispness and ability to cut through.

These days, if I want my OD to roar I use my BB Preamp, but if I want it to cut, I use a Stratoblaster in a pedal (top row center) .  It's brighter than the LPB-1 I tried first.

WnjstY3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I had one of the first run of Roadhouse Eternity pedals, it had to be 10 or more years ago, when Sean was building them all by hand.  It was the first edition that wasn't in the spray can burst boxes.  I loved that thing and ended up selling it to raise funds for my first Hamer.  Great overdive and all round boost for leads.  I should try one of the new ones and see if I hear it the same.

the rig du jour (with obligatory dog beds lol) - 83 Ibby AS80 into Wampler Ego Compressor into LP Eternity D-Mod into LP low gain Mosferatu into baby Boogie.  The Ibby has a 59/JB set I put in about 30 years ago (when I bought it there was the stock pickup in the neck but an X2N in the bridge so it was a little unbalanced), and that combo really works in this guitar.  I was working on the riff for ST's "You Can't Bring Me Down" (without the pedals) while mrs stonge was just shakin' her head saying it sounded right but that wasn't the right guitar for that tone lol.  The D-Mod is a little grittier than the Mos, and full gain on the Mos is like 3 on the D-Mod.  The Ego Comp adds a little sustain and controlled feedback when I'm not playing at gig volume. 

RacerX's score reminded me that I have a 2007 Fender 52 Hot Rod tele in pieces in storage - oughta dig that one out and fix it up.  A tele should work really nice through this setup. 

as80.png

Archived