Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB Buffer, nothing fancy

I didn't realize it but for years my pedal setup had a buffer in the front end, either built into the board or in the form of an always-on clean booster pedal that had a buffer in it.  The new pedal monstrosity contraption lacks such a beast and I need to drop one in.

Cheap and small are the key words here, like mini-pedal size or less.

TC Bonfide Buffer sounds about right for what your looking for! If you get thd itch for something real nice the Barber Launch pad is terrific, if you can find one....

Do you have a tuner on your board? The classic Boss TU-2 (now TU-3) also serves as a buffer, and the fancier Peterson StroboStomp HD gives you the option of true bypass or buffered mode. Not quite mini-pedal small, but assuming you want a tuner on your board anyway ('cause even you have great ears, you want to be able to mute your signal and tune silently), you won't need an additional device.

I've got an old TU-2 that's still in good working order I'd be willing to part with if you're interested, though I'd recommend the Peterson for its extra tuning precision (+/- 0.1 cent, suitable for setting intonation).

2 hours ago, MPR said:

Do you have a tuner on your board? The classic Boss TU-2 (now TU-3) also serves as a buffer, and the fancier Peterson StroboStomp HD gives you the option of true bypass or buffered mode. Not quite mini-pedal small, but assuming you want a tuner on your board anyway ('cause even you have great ears, you want to be able to mute your signal and tune silently), you won't need an additional device.

I've got an old TU-2 that's still in good working order I'd be willing to part with if you're interested, though I'd recommend the Peterson for its extra tuning precision (+/- 0.1 cent, suitable for setting intonation).

PM'ed

8 hours ago, MPR said:

The classic Boss TU-2 (now TU-3) also serves as a buffer, and the fancier Peterson StroboStomp HD gives you the option of true bypass or buffered mode. Not quite mini-pedal small, but assuming you want a tuner on your board anyway ('cause even you have great ears, you want to be able to mute your signal and tune silently), you won't need an additional device.

This, all day long. ^^^^

Archived