Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Crooked bridge install, tailpiece too close to bridge (look at any legit Sunburst and compare second knob/tailpiece stud locations), crooked inlay, stadium logo is off, no "Sunburst" on the logo, "Schaller" instead of "Hamer" tuners, bound headstock, and serial number fuckery... My bet is a Slammer or XT conversion project. Nothing authentic about it.

• Like 3

I really doubt they can even properly intonate that bridge.  No way.  Imho, I have never seen a bridge reverse slanted like that.      I think this may not be a Slammer, but a Hamer Scammer?  😜

Edited by Shataan
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Shataan said:

I have never seen a bridge reverse slanted like that.

it is mounted backwards. the mounting post holes are offset to compensate the offset on Gibson type installed ABR/ TOM bridges.

making the bridge perpendicular rather than angled.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 9:44 PM, Tortious said:

Sure doesn't look like the 'original pickups'. Or the original bridge. Not sure how they came across that 'rating' for the top, either.

I had a rather difficult experience with that seller once.

spacer.png

If you look at the holes in the bridge they're actually what are canted causing the weird alignment. If you were to put a tune-o-matic in I think it would square up correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Did Hamer EVER use those pop out Winder Tuning pegs on their guitars?! Man, I haven't seen those in a few minutes...

Someone went to a lot of trouble to make a fakey Hamer Sunburst, but then forget to put on a SUNBURST logo.

Roman-Retop special or the like would be my guess.