Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Great Place to buy Blu-Ray online?

Armitage

Question

5 answers to this question

I buy from Amazon, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart.

Amazon usually has the best prices, but sometimes the others are better. It depends on the title and the day, prices change a lot. Best Buy will price match to their own website - I've had to do it several times because the store price was higher. Wal-Mart won't, which is a big pain. You can order online and do store pickup (never bothered with that) but they still won't match to their own website.

Often when I see something at BB that looks like a good price, I'll go over to the Mac section, get on the internet and check the Amazon price! Sometimes I find a deal, other times I find out BB is way out of line.

The best deals at Best Buy are usually on release day and in bundles. A few weeks ago I got Gladiator and Braveheart and if you bought them both together you got an additional $10 off. Same deal with Monsters and Up which I just got for my son for Christmas.

But if you're patient enough to use Amazon's super saver free shipping, you really can't beat their total cost. No tax, no shipping.

I just signed up for Netflix to get the unlimited streaming on my PS3. I opted for the basic plan with the Blu-ray upgrade. So it's like $11 something a month and if I just watch one per week, I get four rentals a month. That's a pretty good price compared to rental stores. I sent the last disc back on Monday and got the next one today. Pretty good turnaround.

Mark me down as another happy netflix user. I am on the 3 at a time plan/unlimited streaming and in all honestly I could do away with my cable TV. I have an entertainment PC hooked through my 47in LCD and between netflix, and other streaming services like hulu and Amazon on demand, cable is starting to look kinda redundant.

Mark me down as another happy netflix user. I am on the 3 at a time plan/unlimited streaming and in all honestly I could do away with my cable TV. I have an entertainment PC hooked through my 47in LCD and between netflix, and other streaming services like hulu and Amazon on demand, cable is starting to look kinda redundant.

That netflix blue ray plan is awesome. and I'm totally impressed with their efficiency

The fact that you can keep the movie as long as you want, or can re-rent at any time definitely

reduces the need to buy...

I had the netflix streaming box, too grainy but when they get the image quality together

watch out...

Archived