Hellraiser6502 Posted July 5, 2012 Posted July 5, 2012 Looking for a non-modded, Good to excellent shape, USA Standard, preferably vintage pre-1990's but will consider all.I've seen the ones for sale on Ebay and they don't really interest me. Just looking for the 'Right One'.If anyone has one for sale email me directly: hellraiser6502@sbcglobal.net Ready to buy now.
whiskeyzulu Posted July 5, 2012 Posted July 5, 2012 Korina w/o pickguard on Cincinnati CL:http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/msg/3117229766.html
Hellraiser6502 Posted July 11, 2012 Author Posted July 11, 2012 Got one! Should be here early next week. Thanks to those who responded.
Hellraiser6502 Posted July 11, 2012 Author Posted July 11, 2012 Congrats! What year and type?Oddly enough, I don't know what year!! It's this one...Pretty much EXACTLY what I was after. Specs, color...everything.http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=190700630177&si=1rZYGn60XidBb8zGWYJn8fX90RE%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3AeRTM%3AUS%3A1123&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncI suspect the seller is a memeber here, couldn't be a nicer guy to deal with. Got it for a very fair price and can't wait to get it.It's my first Hamer. I am primarily a vintage BC Rich & Charvel/Jackson collector/player and have always wanted one of these.
kizanski Posted July 11, 2012 Posted July 11, 2012 Good price on that one.I was tempted as well. Good score!
tommy p Posted July 11, 2012 Posted July 11, 2012 I've got that one's twin. Lucky you, finding one you liked so quick.
murkat Posted July 11, 2012 Posted July 11, 2012 Well,first off,WELCOME!!!!second, nice standard from a well respected member here.Congrats!J
Hellraiser6502 Posted July 14, 2012 Author Posted July 14, 2012 OK so I've had my first Hamer for about 2 days now and honestly it is everything I hoped it would be. Apart from a pesky High E string that refuses to stay in tune (an easy fix) I am convinced that I need a couple more of these.I expected to hate the Duncan '59 in the bridge...but it actually sounds pretty good thru my rig. The guitar overall surprised me somewhat with it's unique tonality. I have over 100 guitars in my collection and nothing else sounds quite like it.Apparently this one was built in 2006.My question to you guys is: what are the differences in quality, workmanship, sound etc. that you all have experienced with the various 'eras' of Hamer guitars. I know from my Vintage Charvel/Jackson and BC Rich roots that this is probably a highly charged, highly subjective subject but I'd like to hear opinions just the same.Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
polara Posted July 15, 2012 Posted July 15, 2012 Honestly, Hamer never really went through a bad period. I've owned a dozen or so from 1981 through 2000s and while their emphasis has changed: from "Better Gibsons than Gibson makes" to the more original designs through shredders, Fender copies, and then more boo-teeky designs... the quality of wood and components and most of all assembly has remind high. Maybe in the 90s, particularly when they were making boatloads of Specials there could have been a drop... the "hameritis" era. But even then they were very well made.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.