Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1995 Standard Custom

dobieboy

Question

4 answers to this question

The Standard was brought back as a catalog model that year, but there is no higher value nor collector appeal for a '95 Standard over a '97, a 2000 or a 2010 model. Standards were not a catalog item from the mid-80s ('84) until '95, but they could definitely be custom ordered. I custom-ordered a Standard in Antique Natural back in 1990, and also owned a '94 Standard 8-string bass. The Standards made in the "black out" period are far more rare, but not better nor worse than their mid-90s counterparts.

I bought one of those in 1995. It was a solid guitar, and I played it for close to a decade, but I had others that I preferred, so I let it go.

I would never fall for (nor use) anything approaching a "First Year Reissue!" sort of B.S. hype.

Other than the Korina Limited Editions and the RN signature series that went over to Japan, (which might not have been from 1995 I don't recall the date of manufacture on those ) there is nothing specific about the reintroduction of the '95 Standard that makes it more collectable.

Great that Hamer brought back one of the Flagships and have lead to more than one post on the custom orders that are starting to appear in the resale market.

Hamerica

Archived