Ting Ho Dung Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 I knew I was going to draw heat. Does this mean I'm banned or banished?I did not know either as I've never played a guitar with the sustain block. I'm not a big fan of the TOM especially on my Les Paul. The low E string comes off of the back of the saddle and bends again over the back of the bridge. The low E is close to the back of the bridge on my Hamer's but nowhere as bad as the Les Paul.Another dislike of the TOM is the issue of the back stop coming off when changing strings.If the Sustain Block causes twang and zing I'd not be a fan of that either on my Studio or Artist.You may be able to fix your issues with a Tone Pros replacement.
stratacus Posted April 19, 2013 Posted April 19, 2013 My new Monaco Elite Sustain Block arrived today. It is amazing!!
bach Posted April 19, 2013 Posted April 19, 2013 My new Monaco Elite Sustain Block arrived today. It is amazing!!
bubs_42 Posted April 20, 2013 Posted April 20, 2013 My new Monaco Elite Sustain Block arrived today. It is amazing!!Congrats!
crunchee Posted April 20, 2013 Posted April 20, 2013 Since it's sold I'd like to ask what is the allure of the sustain block? How would it affect the tone? G Man noted that on my Vector it made it feel like playing a 25.5 scale. Danka NO WAY does it have that effect. What is adds is SNAP and a Brightness. I'm not that much of a fan of it on Maple Topped Guitars and some have C/O Hamers with Sustainblocks, Ebony and a Maple Top with poor results. I shouldn't say poor but they now have REALLY BRIGHT Guitars. On an all Mahogany Guitar it really works great.+1! On top of that, the saddles, and I think the base plates (the thicker ones anyway) are solid brass, heavily plated.
stratacus Posted April 20, 2013 Posted April 20, 2013 My new Monaco Elite Sustain Block arrived today. It is amazing!! Thanks Brian!!
Ting Ho Dung Posted April 20, 2013 Posted April 20, 2013 My new Monaco Elite Sustain Block arrived today. It is amazing!!I was trying to play mine last night and was thinking what an amazing guitar it is. Congrats on yours.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.