cmatthes Posted May 13, 2015 Posted May 13, 2015 Stonge lent me a Newport for almost 9 months one time. I didn't want to give it back, but I did because he's such a cool guy.
Ting Ho Dung Posted May 14, 2015 Posted May 14, 2015 Not lent to strangers over the internet, but I lent (without him asking for it) an American Deluxe Strat to a 78 year old uncle a few months ago. He is a lifetime acoustic player, and he and I had talked a couple of times about my electrics - he was curious about them. So I sent him one to fool around with one time when my folks were on the road visiting relatives, goodness knows I have plenty and wouldn't miss it for quite a while.And he called this weekend wanting to buy it.So maybe you should be prepared for that kind of eventuality.I had someone lend me a Starla. I didn't know him and he didn't know me. He was from one of the other H sites. I paid the shipping. Turned out he offered to sell it to me at a very reasonable price about 6 weeks into it. Unfortunately, I loved how the guitar sounded but didn't like the wide neck. So I sent it back to him. I paid shipping / insurance both ways. Simple.
Cary Posted May 14, 2015 Posted May 14, 2015 "Hello, Nathan? Uhh, I'm afraid I have some bad news.... Yeah, you know that Kammerer you lent me? Uhh, well, um, my wife was making a Hash Brown Casserole this morning, and, well...." I promise I'll stop now....
FGJ Posted May 17, 2015 Posted May 17, 2015 You're a class act and above-and-beyond generous guy, Nathan. Best of luck, and I hope no one abuses your kindness.
scottcald Posted May 18, 2015 Posted May 18, 2015 This is very generous - racking up the good karma points.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.