Brentrocks Posted September 27, 2015 Posted September 27, 2015 looking to pick up a used set of nut filesthanksbrent
Biz Prof Posted September 27, 2015 Posted September 27, 2015 Ever considered making a set by using a small triangle or flat file to add serrations to feeler gauges?That is how I file my nuts. YMMV.
gtone Posted September 27, 2015 Posted September 27, 2015 Ever considered making a set by using a small triangle or flat file to add serrations to feeler gauges?That is how I file my nuts. YMMV.Interesting.Do you do sharks-tooth serrations for one-way filing or more symmetrically-shaped serrations for two-way? Work well with bone?
Hbom Posted September 27, 2015 Posted September 27, 2015 I bought a set of these this spring. Work great. Same ones as SM sells but without the plastic dipped handle. If you watch, the seller puts them on sale pretty often. I think I paid $68 for a set of 6.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Regular-Light-Gauge-Hiroshima-Files-Uo-Chikyu-Nut-Files-6-piece-Set-/121766731430?hash=item1c59dcdea6
Biz Prof Posted September 28, 2015 Posted September 28, 2015 Ever considered making a set by using a small triangle or flat file to add serrations to feeler gauges?That is how I file my nuts. YMMV. Interesting.Do you do sharks-tooth serrations for one-way filing or more symmetrically-shaped serrations for two-way? Work well with bone?Plain old "v" notches. Also realize that the thicker gauges need to have the cutting edges gently rounded over (a sharpening stone will do this) so that the slot bottom is radiused.
Hfan Posted September 29, 2015 Posted September 29, 2015 Check out Philadelphia Luthier's Tools and Supplies..These worked out well for me..was successful in some minor tweaks and one oh shit too deep of a cut..live and learn..http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guitar-Nut-File-Set-3-double-sided-includes-carrying-/111480267049
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.