Studio Custom Posted July 6, 2016 Author Posted July 6, 2016 5 minutes ago, cmatthes said: You're missing that metalflake sunburst Les Paul! I hate Henry after Gibshit screwed me on a warranty issue, besides it wasn't a signature model.
diablo175 Posted July 6, 2016 Posted July 6, 2016 10 hours ago, kizanski said: No, you're not a lone. I'm not a big Stevens fan (nothing against him, I'm just not into him), but I never liked those guitars. I guess they're good for little guys. Would certainly help explain why I did NOT gel with an SS.
cmatthes Posted July 6, 2016 Posted July 6, 2016 54 minutes ago, diablo175 said: Would certainly help explain why I did NOT gel with an SS. You mean that the 24.75" scale, 24 frets didn't seal that deal?
diablo175 Posted July 6, 2016 Posted July 6, 2016 10 hours ago, cmatthes said: You mean that the 24.75" scale, 24 frets didn't seal that deal? It was with that guitar that I finally realized that short scale guitars and I do not play well together. I mean, I play shittily on any guitar but my absolute shittiest playing is reserved exclusively for short scale axes.
DBraz Posted July 6, 2016 Posted July 6, 2016 3 hours ago, diablo175 said: It was with that guitar that I finally realized that short scale guitars and I do not play well together. I mean, I play shittily on any guitar but my absolute shittiest playing is reserved exclusively for short scale axes. Then just imagine how you'd play with a Virt?
diablo175 Posted July 6, 2016 Posted July 6, 2016 Just now, DBraz said: Then just imagine how you'd play with a Virt? An intriguing point, but in the end, you can only polish a turd so much. It's taken 20 + years to finally, fully accept the fact that no matter what guitar I acquire, I'll always be a hack. I'll have to settle for playing crappily on some awesome guitars.
DBraz Posted July 6, 2016 Posted July 6, 2016 13 minutes ago, diablo175 said: An intriguing point, but in the end, you can only polish a turd so much. It's taken 20 + years to finally, fully accept the fact that no matter what guitar I acquire, I'll always be a hack. I'll have to settle for playing crappily on some awesome guitars. Bullshit. You'll never be a crappy player. I implore you to try a Virt at least once to find out how it feels for you.
diablo175 Posted July 6, 2016 Posted July 6, 2016 Just now, DBraz said: Bullshit. You'll never be a crappy player. I implore you to try a Virt at least once to find out how it feels for you. Perhaps when we visit the UK next Summer? I promise to buy you a few pints prior to, and in an effort to mitigate, the assault on your eardrums.
DBraz Posted July 6, 2016 Posted July 6, 2016 Just now, diablo175 said: Perhaps when we visit the UK next Summer? I promise to buy you a few pints prior to, and in an effort to mitigate, the assault on your eardrums. Done! 😀
Bennyboy-UK Posted July 6, 2016 Posted July 6, 2016 We'll have to line something up not sure I've got anything you'll like to play you can teach me some proper licks and I'll provide the cider
diablo175 Posted July 6, 2016 Posted July 6, 2016 21 minutes ago, Bennyboy-UK said: We'll have to line something up not sure I've got anything you'll like to play you can teach me some proper licks and I'll provide the cider Ben, it would be my pleasure to hoist a few rounds and trade licks with ya, m8. Not sure how proper those lick would be; pretty much re-hashed 80's noodling and wankery. Full-on bollocks, if you ask me. Oh, I see rough seas ahead with the Missus, after I get done dragging her around the UK to show and tell guitars with my HFC m8s...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.