Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gravelin Pickups: Charlotte and Schlabotnik/Ults Limited HFC Discount

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, edgar_allan_poe said:

Good times man...we had a blast making those posts.  IIRC he used ceramic from toilets taken out of the old Three Rivers Stadium to create his ceramic magnets for the Pig Pen pickups.  roflmao

LOL!  Yes, if I remember correctly, the Pig Pens were extra dirty.

Ha!!

Somehow through the course of casual conversation, you f'ers have hijacked my thread. Clearly against HFC forum rules! I love it. So much.

Available in roughcast Alnico 5 - or smashed stadium toilet Ceramic (C8); 14k and absolutely exquisite in the bridge position for highbrow potty-sniffers and baseball enthusiasts. Hexheads and standard screws made from a combination of Jeeters steel-core doctored bats and toilet flush handles, bobbins made from recycled Minnesota Twin helmets.. I present to you ...

The Pig Pen, in delicious Dual Ivory.

DSC03513.JPG

Seriously though. This is a pickup design I've been monkeying around with and tweaking for months now: 4 prototypes and a sh!tload of guitar playing at high volume (sorry neighbors), but I'm very pleased to say that I finally "got it!". The pickup you see above was built with all new parts, the final prototype, installed and played/rocked with once just to make absolutely sure everything is as it should be...

KILLS.

This one is 50mm spacing. I haven't made a 53mm trem-spaced version yet, but I have absolutely zero doubt that it'd be ridiculous good and satisfy many looking for higher gain bash your teeth in rock tones.

$168.00, shipping included for USA customers.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally played out Saturday with my Gravelin Ultimates (in a Studio Custom).  Great tone clean and dirty! Full yet still cuts. Great sustain and going into feedback when you want to but no squeal.  The SD 59s that came stock just can’t compare.

Archived