Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't need anything, I just want to buy something gear-related.

Since I'm pretty well set with pretty much everything, Probably the only thing that could get me to move is a guitar.

Since this is probably going to go nowhere, let's shoot for the moon:

I'm looking for a guitar with a non-locking trem that stays in tune, looks good, plays great. Stainless steel frets (or EVO). Hard-surface fretboard (ebony, acrylic, carbon fiber, katalox) or scalloped fretboard, or both.

Fanned frets would be cool.

Pretty, although not necessarily figured wood top.

A beater is fine, as long as it is only cosmetic and still plays fine with little fret wear...altho stainless steel frets should make that a non-issue.

Probably more likely to reach a sale for Yamaha Pacificas, Hamers (as if there would be anything Hamer that would fit these weird spec demands), Schecter, Westone, Alvarez, Godin...

Price range: $500 - $800, but could go up to $2k for something really special at a bargain price.

If all you want to do is mock me for this request, that's fine, too.

Posted
51 minutes ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

I'm looking for a guitar with a non-locking trem that stays in tune, looks good, plays great. Stainless steel frets (or EVO). Hard-surface fretboard (ebony, acrylic, carbon fiber, katalox) or scalloped fretboard, or both.

 

32 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

Do you need any butter or mojo with that?

Since he wants scallops and Extra virgin olive oil, I would say all he needs is some garlic and basil.

Posted

The Strandberg Bodens seem to check many of the boxes you detailed.

bd6tct-18c-m-a-bm_a.png

The simpler ones fall under $2,000 new, though there is a waiting list.

Posted
17 hours ago, velorush said:

The Strandberg Bodens seem to check many of the boxes you detailed.

bd6tct-18c-m-a-bm_a.png

The simpler ones fall under $2,000 new, though there is a waiting list.

Spot on. Ticks all the boxes and they keep their value well, despite big buxx for an Indonesian build. Strandberg understands branding, supply and demand, and copyright law. But they're also cool guitars. I bought one off the Starndberg site, enjoyed it, and sold it USED for a freakin' PROFIT.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...