hamerhead Posted July 18, 2021 Posted July 18, 2021 22 hours ago, tomteriffic said: And of 4, I'm pretty sure. That's the way I've always taught it and it seems to work. 18 hours ago, LucSulla said: I count it like (bold where riff starts) 'Let ring........' 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & | 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & | 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & | 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & | ^Downbeat where drums come in Thanks guys, but I'm just gonna let 'er rip and hope the band catches up.
Jakeboy Posted July 18, 2021 Posted July 18, 2021 On 7/17/2021 at 1:20 PM, LucSulla said: I count it like (bold where riff starts) 'Let ring........' 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & | 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & | 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & | 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & | ^Downbeat where drums come in This is exactly as I hear it too. What a fun rocker. Petty stated in 2017 that he thought this was MC’s best solo and one of the best laid down, period. IIRC, it was one one take on the solo, bam done. Just like Allen Collins studio Freebird on a Firebird solo.
Stike Posted July 19, 2021 Posted July 19, 2021 On 7/15/2021 at 4:29 PM, topekatj said: The stars figure they can ASK a premium. Neil Schon is asking $200K for his Don’t Stop Believin’ Les Paul. C’mon, Get real, Neil! https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/vintage-guitars-and-musical-instruments/don-t-stop-believin-1977-gibson-les-paul-black-solid-body-electric-guitar-serial-06-115596/a/7251-38084.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515 I refer to that as the Stone In Love guitar but whatever. 😄 I was a new guitar player when MTV was playing excepts from the live in Houston concert and I thought that guitar was pretty bitchin'. Lots of pretty cool guitars on MTV then. Rick's Hamer's, Giraldo's BC Riches, Aldo Nova's burst. Anyone know what that double cut burst Gary Richrath was playing on the Riding The Storm Out video was?
bubs_42 Posted July 19, 2021 Posted July 19, 2021 On 7/15/2021 at 11:21 AM, cmatthes said: A lot of savvy collectors are selling off or have been reducing their herds lately. As we inch closer to the global recession (that was shaping up pre-COVID, and is likely to be a bit worse than 2008-09), a lot of collectors and dealers are trying to maximize their profits and get out of guitar inventory while they can. After seeing the impact on sales and prices that took a few years to claw back last time, plus the ultimate realization that the Boomer crowd will be downsizing and/or heading to retirement communities and the largest portion of the viable customer base will vanish by the time things rebound again, that’s probably the best move for those guys right now. Great move right now, the prices are just crazy good. All the "newbies" to the game are only seeing the up swing in guitar related investment gains. Even though i've been on a buying spree lately, the plan is and that I will continue to stick with is to only keep what your going to use. I'm currently labeling, sorting, taking pictures of everything that has been sitting. Most likely my "vintage" vehicles are going as well.
Jim Browne Posted July 19, 2021 Posted July 19, 2021 3 hours ago, Stike said: Anyone know what that double cut burst Gary Richrath was playing on the Riding The Storm Out video was? That was built by a guy named Worthington.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.