Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Case For Sale Question Will a Scarab 22 fret 2 pickup fit?

It’s possible, but seller is misrepresenting that case.  It’s an early 2000s IMPORT case, not a USA case.

57 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

It’s possible, but seller is misrepresenting that case.  It’s an early 2000s IMPORT case, not a USA case.

I realized that after you pointed it out!
I checked the pics again and No USA near Hamer logo and different shape with rounded corners.
Thanks for your reply and amazing knowledge!

I couldn't tell you if a Hamer Scarab would fit in this case; and yes, it is meant for a import Hamer and isn't exactly the same as a USA Hamer case; but it's still a Canadian-made TKL case...TKL made cases for Hamer USA in the '90's, maybe later on too.  The point being is that it's a better-made guitar case IMO than a lot of Chinese-made cases out there, especially if it's a larger than average size.  I've used the 'universal' rounded-corner Fender guitar-sized TKL cases (the TKL 7830) for my Fenders and Partscasters for years, and they've never let me down.  I can't say the same for Chinese-made cases!  <_<  Just my two cents. 

6 hours ago, crunchee said:

but it's still a Canadian-made TKL case...TKL made cases for Hamer USA in the '90's, maybe later on too.  The point being is that it's a better-made guitar case IMO than a lot of Chinese-made cases out there, 

Agreed 100%... unfortunately, I don't believe it'll fit... the interior shape of the case appears to be too rounded to accept the sharp contours of the Scarab

3NcpUzJ.jpeg

Ec5bKH0.jpeg

10 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

Agreed 100%... unfortunately, I don't believe it'll fit... the interior shape of the case appears to be too rounded to accept the sharp contours of the Scarab

3NcpUzJ.jpeg

Ec5bKH0.jpeg

Wow! Putting them side by side shows how different they are!
Thank you helping me avoid spending money on a case that wouldn't work for me.

Thx,

HR

The interior pics didn’t load for me last night, but no way that will fit a Standard or Scarab.  I believe that’s a case for this import Impact Bass (zero relation to the USA model).

7 hours ago, cmatthes said:

The interior pics didn’t load for me last night, but no way that will fit a Standard or Scarab.  I believe that’s a case for this import Impact Bass (zero relation to the USA model).

Thank you helping me avoid spending money and road trip to pick up the case.
I truly appreciate you and your knowledge.

17 hours ago, crunchee said:

I couldn't tell you if a Hamer Scarab would fit in this case; and yes, it is meant for a import Hamer and isn't exactly the same as a USA Hamer case; but it's still a Canadian-made TKL case...TKL made cases for Hamer USA in the '90's, maybe later on too.  The point being is that it's a better-made guitar case IMO than a lot of Chinese-made cases out there, especially if it's a larger than average size.  I've used the 'universal' rounded-corner Fender guitar-sized TKL cases (the TKL 7830) for my Fenders and Partscasters for years, and they've never let me down.  I can't say the same for Chinese-made cases!  <_<  Just my two cents. 

Thanks for the info on TKL Cases. I think they are good cases and prefer anything other than made in Chi-Na!

18 hours ago, Ham Rex said:

Thanks for the info on TKL Cases. I think they are good cases and prefer anything other than made in Chi-Na!

I love TKL cases!  People complain that they are hard to buy, but since they are Canadian-made, you can buy them in Canada for much cheaper than you can buy them in the USA.  They are manufactured by a company called Boblen in Quebec.  The Hamer GC-1 (the standard archtop case that everybody loves) is closest to a TKL 8825, which is actually a Boblen 8825.  When you buy the Boblen, it still has the TKL tag!  I just bought one brand new for $96 USD, equivalent to $130 CAD!

Here is the proof:

boblen 8825.png

I don't know which model of case would fit the Scarab, but here is the Boblen which fits the Flying V:

https://musicredone.com/products/boblen-rtv-flying-v-electric-guitar-hard-case?_pos=1&_sid=34c33decd&_ss=r

RTV_1-B_500x.jpg?v=1609782335

Archived