WorstBandName Posted July 23, 2023 Posted July 23, 2023 Hi all, This is a 2001 Hamer Studio Custom with SD Antiquity Pickups and a well-used OHSC. I grabbed this one from Lark Street Guitars in New Jersey which is local-ish to me. It plays well and sounds great. It has an active flametop that looks different from various angles and lighting situations. The guitar is in good condition overall but shows regular use with marks from being played and yellowing to the cream. I believe it's about 8.1 - 8.3 lbs range. According to Lark Street, it was the personal guitar of a former local Hamer dealer, but who knows with some of their stories. Known Issues: The pickup selector does not engage the neck pickup properly. It moves into all 3 positions. It can do bridge and bridge/neck pickups. I didn't notice as I would flip it up to the neck pickup and was getting both together. The bridge doesn't have evenly spaced notches. I've read about compensated notching or something like that, but I'm not sure this was the case with this one. It came with two TRCs in the case, an older style blank (likely original to the guitar) and a new Talledega. The latter of which is on there but I will include both. I don't know the story of that otherwise. Based on those factors, I'm pricing it for less than I have in it at this point: SOLD CONUS ppff. Why let it go? Kids #2 is on the way it seems and space is at a premium. I play my Korina Standard and Korina Artist HB the most out of my Hamers. Posting up the rest to see what goes and will figure it out from there. Google Drive Link to Photos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TLu0mWTedSUUIfeyn00_9vNCSSrTbUu_?usp=sharing Will post pictures here when I can shrink them down to be below 1 MB.
WorstBandName Posted July 23, 2023 Author Posted July 23, 2023 1 hour ago, hamerhead said: Thank you, Hamerhead! Much appreciated!
WorstBandName Posted July 23, 2023 Author Posted July 23, 2023 19 minutes ago, coffeeroastee said: Pmd you I don't see a notification that I got a PM on here. I'm not even sure how they work on here anymore to be honest. My email is WorstBandNameEver@gmail.com and I'm WorstBandName on The Gear Page if either of those works.
hamerhead Posted July 25, 2023 Posted July 25, 2023 The Antiquities in this will kill. Definitely takes the guitar up a notch (or 2).
WorstBandName Posted July 26, 2023 Author Posted July 26, 2023 23 hours ago, hamerhead said: The Antiquities in this will kill. Definitely takes the guitar up a notch (or 2). I think that was my main motivation for grabbing this one when it came up. I love antiquities as a "bargain" authentic-ish PAF pickup. It's a good-sounding one for sure. I plan to throw an extra set of loose antiquities I have sitting around in the Korina Aritst HB I have, at some point.
Dave Scepter Posted July 26, 2023 Posted July 26, 2023 5 minutes ago, WorstBandName said: I think I might those the extra set of loose antiquities I have in the Koria Aritst HB I have, at sone point. Huh?
RobB Posted July 26, 2023 Posted July 26, 2023 3 hours ago, Dave Scepter said: Huh? He has a spare set of Antiquities to install in a korina Artist.
Hfan Posted August 5, 2023 Posted August 5, 2023 Fellow Jersey boy bump (Ocean County). I love Antiquities as well. Beautiful guitar. And I’ve always wanted to visit Lark St Music but I better not. Need to downsize.
WorstBandName Posted August 16, 2023 Author Posted August 16, 2023 Bump - Price Dropped. Hoping to get this and a few other guitars to new homes by the fall.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.