Hamer Fan Club Message Center

"Guitar Prices Are Up Up Up!"

...so sayeth the title of the Email I got from Vintage Guitar magazine today, announcing the pre-order of the 2024 VG Price Guide.  More of the quote from the Email blurb I got from them:

"Nearly 90% of the instruments in today's market are seeing all-time-high valuations.  Your collection is worth more than ever!"

I dunno if I should feel good about selling, or bad about buying, or both.  Or the other way around.  Or neither! :wacko:

BTW, can't forget about this:

Christmas Countdown 2023 - Find out how many days until Christmas 2023 (xmasclock.com)

Edited by crunchee

I saw that too.

All time high valuations.  Only when I am buying.  Never when I am selling.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

Great instruments in excellent original condition will always be in demand to people who want them. How ever asking prices are not always selling prices. No matter in the end what something is worth is what it is worth to the buyer to own it.

Edited by ARM OF HAMER
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

FREE SHIPPING AS WELL 

FB_IMG_1696862693678.jpg

I actually bought one of those last month in my 'How low can you go?' quest. I paid 20$ more than that. Not a bad deal, considering. :)

The fretboard needed to be drowned in oil for a few days and the fret ends needed some touchup, but they were all pretty flat. For a buck and a half delivered it is marginally better than some of the other instruments I've tried at higher prices. Short scale is fun. It will make a good entry level guitar for smaller players or a great thrasher in a grunge band.

In my quest, nothing fender makes can compare to the cheap stuff that Harley Benton is producing in the same style/price range.

AND IT'S GOOD TO SEE MY HAMERS GOING UP IN VALUE!

Edited by Hbom
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hbom said:

I actually bought one of those last month in my 'How low can you go?' quest. I paid 20$ more than that. Not a bad deal, considering. :)

The fretboard needed to be drowned in oil for a few days and the fret ends needed some touchup, but they were all pretty flat. For a buck and a half delivered it is marginally better than some of the other instruments I've tried at higher prices. Short scale is fun. It will make a good entry level guitar for smaller players or a great thrasher in a grunge band.

In my quest, nothing fender makes can compare to the cheap stuff that Harley Benton is producing in the same style/price range.

AND IT'S GOOD TO SEE MY HAMERS GOING UP IN VALUE!

I've been modifying Squier Strats from Goodwill... very hard to beat if you have set-up skills... not sure how they can ship for $12.00... "completely bubble wrapped in a guitar shipping box"

Screenshot_20231008_160238_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Dave Scepter
  • Like 3