Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Peddleboard Idea 💡

This is (was) my preferred mode of attachment. Easy to degrease a bike chain. I keep a couple hanging in the garage for all kinds of redneck hacks, but years ago I pulled apart a few dozen links and put them in one of those plastic screw containers that hang in the isles at Lowes. Pretty handy when needed.  Here are a couple of pics from when I actually had pedalboards (2009).

0KxC177.jpgPo144q8.jpg

The only thing I'd caution is to make sure the screws going into the pedals are long enough. If the screw isn't long enough you have a good chance of stripping what little threads a short screw catches.  Most of the time the stock screws are long enough (the links are only a millimeter or so thick), but always good to check.

Just realized out of all of these pedals the only thing I have left is that Crybaby that I bought from Thoroughbred Music back in 1986.  I thought I was soooo professional - the black board with the monkey grip ran into the front of the amp and the smaller board was in the loop.  I made a snake out of a couple of 20' George L cables (there was only one stage we played once a year that required that much length).  It was fun playing out - and with other humans.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jimbilly said:

The last question: would you pay more for Dura Ace? it is always cooler to have the good stuff

My now 23-year old Litespeed is Ultegra (nine-speed as it should be!).  Always thought I'd upgrade to Dura Ace, but for the cost/gram saved it would be more feasible to either skip breakfast or to leave a water bottle at home.  😆

seen this exact thread on FB. I've been using chain links for over a decade. as Velo says above, watch the screw lengths to be sure you have engagement.  also, some screws go into the side of the pedal. you can bend the links but you have to soften them first or they will break. heat the link to red hot and let it cool in still air. its not fully annealed but soft enough to bend.   a brand new Shimano chain is 11 bucks at REI. I paid maybe 8 when I started doing this. I have a chain breaker. you need that or plan on grinding the pins (the steel is too hard to file), then punch the pin out

P1110368.JPG

P1110370.JPG

• Like 3