G Man Posted September 9, 2011 Posted September 9, 2011 1998 Hamer Phantom Cutsom. Hamer made these for only a few years in the late 90s. One piece mahogany back with comfort curve, three-piece hog neck with rosewood board, frets are in great shape. Super thick 1/2" beautifully flamed maple cap. Original Schaller tuners and TOM, Gotoh Stop tail piece. This one has been modified by BCR Greg with a Rio Grande babybucker in the neck, the original SD SC and a Rio Grande BBQ in the bridge. Coil tap on the push-pull tone pot, three way switch acts like a LP and the second switch is an on/off that engages the middle SC whenever the neck PUP is on. Plays like a dream and has the super comfy Hamer neck, not quite as fat as the vintage curve, but definitely not thin either. Sorry, do not have OHSC. Will ship in the SKB hardshell case that I bought it with. I am asking $1050 shipped and paypaled, which is quite a bit less than I have into her. I would also be interested in a trades for a Heritage H150/157 or a Les Paul, possibly others, but no strats/teles and must be no more than a 25" scale length. I can take more pics if anyone is interested.
polara Posted September 9, 2011 Posted September 9, 2011 I feel I'm one of the few HFC old-timers who has NOT owned that guitar at some point. Does every owner swap pickups, as well? I just need to know when it's my turn to pass the torch.Looks like a great guitar!
bubs_42 Posted September 10, 2011 Posted September 10, 2011 Ya, the original pups have to go. The 80's Paf/Single sound awsome and the slammer weren't too shabby but I don't think the SD's hit the mark. You know what they say about opinions though.
BCR Greg Posted September 10, 2011 Posted September 10, 2011 Here's the Bench report for the work for this guitar the FIRST time...http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/index.p...;hl=phantoglideI didn't photograph the second mod.
murkat Posted September 10, 2011 Posted September 10, 2011 Wow, that guitar been around more than Pamela Anderson throwing a hot dog down a hall way
David B Posted September 11, 2011 Posted September 11, 2011 That guitar plays great! The neck is killer & Greg did a super job.
G Man Posted September 12, 2011 Author Posted September 12, 2011 I feel I'm one of the few HFC old-timers who has NOT owned that guitar at some point. Does every owner swap pickups, as well? I just need to know when it's my turn to pass the torch.Looks like a great guitar!Unfortunately, when I got it, a previous owner had done a hack job at pulling the RG pups that Greg had put in there when it originally was routed and totally buggered the wiring at the same time. So, within a week of getting this guitar it was back on its way down to PA to have everything properly sorted, which is when the babybucker and coil tap setup was done. Sounds great, I just find its not getting nearly as much play as some of my others and GAS can be an evil bitch sometimes.Anyway, she's in great shape and ready to be rocked hard. Step right up and don't be shy.
BCR Greg Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 The Godless bastard that buggered up my work will have a life of barren children and poor dental health.
G Man Posted September 15, 2011 Author Posted September 15, 2011 How's about if I knock $100 off my asking price. $1150 shipped and paypalled.
G Man Posted October 2, 2011 Author Posted October 2, 2011 I realize I should be ashamed, but bump anyway.
G Man Posted October 11, 2011 Author Posted October 11, 2011 Last price drop on this one, and then she goes off the market for a while. I will now take $1050 shipped and paypalled. Or, for the right trade, I could throw in several hundred on my end.
BubbaVO Posted October 25, 2011 Posted October 25, 2011 Great looking guitar. I'm surprised its still around.
G Man Posted October 26, 2011 Author Posted October 26, 2011 Great looking guitar. I'm surprised its still around. You and me both. At least I'm able to tell the wife I am actively selling guitars, even if nothings actually selling.
BubbaVO Posted October 26, 2011 Posted October 26, 2011 Great looking guitar. I'm surprised its still around. You and me both. At least I'm able to tell the wife I am actively selling guitars, even if nothings actually selling. Shhhhh...I use that one too.
mhmike Posted October 28, 2011 Posted October 28, 2011 Just chiming in as a fellow old owner, how many years ago I don't even remember, nor who (or where) I even sold it to Awesome guitar.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.