-
Posts
6,533 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
19
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by HSB0531
-
Another sign of "no love" for Hamers
HSB0531 replied to Hgb5000's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
-
Another sign of "no love" for Hamers
HSB0531 replied to Hgb5000's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Chris: Very well said. mirrorimij: Quote: The top was nice but the mahogany looked like it would have made a nice shipping skid. I know for a fact that it would have never made it upstairs in New Hartford. I was at a Sam Ash and saw some $4,000.00+ PRS guitars that would match that description. -
Another sign of "no love" for Hamers
HSB0531 replied to Hgb5000's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I personally like the relic'd look. I like em brand spankin new and shiny. Luckily, we can both get what we want. -
Another sign of "no love" for Hamers
HSB0531 replied to Hgb5000's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
You know that could be a new business. I can see it now.... Bring your MIM Fenders to us and we'll make them look retro. Grinding, gouging, dent/scratch, rust, why yes folks, we do it all! -
Another sign of "no love" for Hamers
HSB0531 replied to Hgb5000's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
HAMER usa = Right-Out-of-the-box pure Rockin' Mojo. -
Another sign of "no love" for Hamers
HSB0531 replied to Hgb5000's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
exactly, i buy a guitar to ............can ya believe this............get ready.............actually play them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me too. I've sold only 1 bass and it was a mighty mite parts contraption with a whammy that I built. I buy only new and kept them. I guess I am the polar opposite of the "flip-em" mentality. I never worry what the stuff is worth. I buy them because I like them enough to keep. -
Another sign of "no love" for Hamers
HSB0531 replied to Hgb5000's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Actually, that's a Nice headstock IMHO -
Another sign of "no love" for Hamers
HSB0531 replied to Hgb5000's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Edited: That is not necessary. Just get rid of those people that find them ugly, and they will sell. -
Another sign of "no love" for Hamers
HSB0531 replied to Hgb5000's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Yeah. He mentioned somewhere about Jol & Co. being an insiration. Funny thing, back in 1987 I worked in a Sam Ash music store & met him. He was there with a "suit" guy promoting his guitars. He was in jeans and a plaid shirt. Very unassuming and quiet type. Nice guy though. -
Another sign of "no love" for Hamers
HSB0531 replied to Hgb5000's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Speaking of PRS, Hamer was an inspiration to him. Kind of ironic. -
Another sign of "no love" for Hamers
HSB0531 replied to Hgb5000's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
You can have a guy play a Hamer that sounds better, plays better, feels better, looks better. He'll still pick the bolt on Fender guitar or a Gibby. Why? Maybe it's that the older name brands are so burned into people's subconcious that they feel safe with them, even though they know the Hamer is better? I don't know, I'm just baffled by that. -
Good to hear you're Ok Nathan!
-
Speaking voice? Frank Zappa. He could make anything sound very funny.
-
I apologize in advance for another speculative post (I said I wasn't going to do that). I think the price has to be high enough to cover the opportunity cost of what can't/won't get built in lieu of the custom Hamer. I don't think the Hamer staff is sitting around doing nothing and patiently waiting for our order. They are probably off working on other projects. If someone needs to break away from working on BRAND X to build a custom Hamer, it means some units of BRAND X don't get built. You lose all economies of scale if your custom requires new tooling, programming of the CNC, etc. It will require time (sometimes a LOT of time). If one custom Hamer means 10 units of BRAND X don't ship the one Hamer has to have as much profit in it as those other 10 units. Even though the Hamer pricing may seem out of whack to some of us they probably have to charge those prices to avoid leaving money on the table. Mirrorimij: +1 on that. Coming from someone who was in the speaker building business. We did a custom set of stereo cabinets ( rather large, at 5'h. x 2'w. x 3'd. ) exactly to the customers specs. It took way too long because there had to be custom jigs built, extra planning, and the sourcing components that we didn't use in production, from suppliers we never use. Different construction techniques had to be used also, with different finishes and applications.
-
This thread sure does have legs.
-
I can see it now: Concert canceled due to software virus. Harddrive crash ruins Freebird solo. Bootup delays Rock Festival.
-
[quote: I wait for the first band becoming popular that created it's unique sound with something like GuitarHero-Designer and taking the software life on stage in stadiums around the world. That is my nightmare. That right above in the quote. When traditional wooden guitars with magnetic pickups going through tube amps played by musicians, are supplanted by plastic guitar hero devices & computers "played" by wanabe's that actually believe they're the real deal. Boy bands Girl bands Guitar hero Rockband
-
Since you're on the subject of players... Anybody know if there are any Blu-Ray recorders out yet? And if so, what do you recommend?
-
And that's why I can't wait for my new custom order. I can then compare it to #0531.
-
Priest
-
I'm not going to speculate anymore. I'll just wait until the official news is released.
-
I would hope that the only change will be that Hamer stays a full on custom shop. But, if FMIC/KMC decided to sell, I would also like to see it offered to Jol & crew first. If it was sold though, I don't know if there would be a high enough profit margin to keep it viable at current prices. When Kaman Corp. owned it, wasn't the XT line the bread and butter that allowed the USA shop to have the freedom to create higher quality guitars & basses? I guess it's just going to be a wait and see.
-
I'll wait for an official statement also. My perfect scenario though, is Hamer USA being a true custom shop. Custom orders are what they do, & enjoy doing best. They're at the top of their game; truly outstanding work. Witness Veatch & Moozaks' examples on the Hamer blog. And, there seems to be plenty of used USA & XT models here and on ebay for the players who want a Hamer without the sticker shock.
-
Yes SHE is. I divorced it years ago...
-
Just a great group of people! And why I'm here so much.