bubs_42 Posted April 25, 2025 Posted April 25, 2025 Liquidating my collection, and staring with some super rare hard to find Dr Z Amps. These two are super early Hand Wired by Dr Z Himself in his basement shop. First up is “Little Red” this is the earliest Carmen Ghia build you will find. Made from Hammond Reverb Chassis, old iron, all brand new Glass. $1350 https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/dr-z-carmen-ghia-hammond-chassis.2645483/ Next is an early 90’s SRZ-65R. This is a Reverb Head, Doc based these on the JCM800 but Handwired, and tube rectified. $1600 https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/dr-z-srz-65r-large-box-90s.2645475/
bubs_42 Posted April 26, 2025 Author Posted April 26, 2025 TTT! Look around, you will not find another like either of these on the net. So don’t sleep on it too long.
bubs_42 Posted April 27, 2025 Author Posted April 27, 2025 3 hours ago, stedge said: That srz looks like a lot of fun It is the better sounding of the two I have, but the other one was owned by Joe Walsh and toured with the Eagles first American Leg of the Hell Freezes Over Tour and used at the Rock And Roll HOF Induction Concert.
LucSulla Posted April 28, 2025 Posted April 28, 2025 This would be one solution to finding a box big enough to ship an amp in.
bubs_42 Posted April 28, 2025 Author Posted April 28, 2025 13 minutes ago, LucSulla said: This would be one solution to finding a box big enough to ship an amp in. I have a large stash of amp and guitar boxes, I’ll be happy to help you out. LOL
Jakeboy Posted April 29, 2025 Posted April 29, 2025 Bubs knows his Zs, peeps! The Lil Red Ghia has to be a glorious rocker!
bubs_42 Posted May 13, 2025 Author Posted May 13, 2025 I’m surprised these haven’t moved, but then again… I’m selling them. LOL Handwired, these were built by Z Himself when it was just a “One Man” operation. I’m cutting way back, and I want these things to go to a good home.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.