bry4321 Posted July 24 Posted July 24 (edited) Big thanks to @stonge for facilitating this FB Marketplace transaction and shipping to me. I wanted a small/light dinker amp that is easy to move and this one (4w/10” speaker) sounds like it is going to fit the bill. You can’t tell from the pic but it is roughly 18x12x8. One EL84 two 12AX7 tubes. For “bedroom” playing I have mostly settled on LPD Eighty7 into clean amp in case anyone cares lol. Or headphones. Edited July 24 by bry4321 9 Quote
RobB Posted July 28 Posted July 28 On 7/24/2026 at 3:57 PM, bry4321 said: For “bedroom” playing I have mostly settled on LPD Eighty7 into clean amp in case anyone cares lol. Or headphones. I love the retro-styling of Carr amps. They look like 50's appliances. Is the 87 a JCM800 pedal? 2 Quote
Saul Goodman Posted July 29 Posted July 29 4 hours ago, RobB said: Is the 87 a JCM800 pedal? Jesus, man! Where have you been? Quote
RobB Posted July 29 Posted July 29 41 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said: Jesus, man! Where have you been? Apparently playing all of my MIB pedals to notice the one I missed. Quote
bry4321 Posted July 29 Author Posted July 29 “The LPD EIGHTY7 was designed to deliver the great guitar sounds of the 80's. The aim of this design was to capture the modified Plexi and JCM800 tones that LA recording studios were tracking in that era. Two modes, Green and Red, deliver a wide array of gain and tone combinations.“ Quote
Saul Goodman Posted July 29 Posted July 29 1 hour ago, RobB said: Apparently playing all of my MIB pedals to notice the one I missed. Men In Black. Please. Quote
bry4321 Posted July 29 Author Posted July 29 1 hour ago, Stike said: Good chance my band mate Dave wired it. I have noted information that in case it dies or glitches 😀 But seriously, tell him "good job" I really like it! Also I was basically gifted a Bugera V5 a couple of days ago. I realize it may not be comparable to the Carr except that both are small low-watt amps. Had that happened a week earlier I would not have gotten the Carr. To be clear, I'm glad it worked out that way! Studio apt w/thin walls and now THREE tube amps to choose from! 🧠 4 Quote
Greg G Posted July 30 Posted July 30 Congrats! From what Ive seen online the cleans are spectacular on the Raleigh. Cool amp. Wouldn’t mind having one myself. Carr has a newer 5-watt “Trail Rider” model (with reverb & attenuator) which looks really cool as well, but it’s 3K. 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.