Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

It really does nail that "Eliminator" tone, and probably earlier. That kind of "blocked" sound that almost clips out and is so nice and raw. I don't know if I have any pedals or amps that can really get that kind of sound, but being a big ZZ top fan, I want it. I wonder if this pedal will be available in the US, as it's a German Pedal that Andertons just started selling.

Also once again the original version of "Legs" is far better than the remixed version from the video that they put on the CDs for years. I need to get a new copy of Eliminator with the REAL Legs. You know. This one:
 

 

Edited by tbonesullivan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Posted

There was any interview with RBG in Guitar Player in the early-mid 90s where I first learned of his fondness for top-wrapping and DR Pure Blues strings (and converted to both). They also spent a bunch of time on his pedals at the time. Most of it was spent on the (relatively new) Bixonic Expandora. I've never had a chance to try one, but he talked about it like that pedal into any decent tweed was his tone heaven. Wonder how it stacks up against everything he's touted since...

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

How on earth did they fit the half-dozen Bixonic Expandoras in that little box?

54afba_db13f7587a8b42b6805992a1eba6ad39~

'cuz we all know that's where the sound came from, right? 

ETA: Anderton's ships worldwide.

 

Edited by velorush
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

...once again the original version of "Legs" is far better than the remixed version from the video that they put on the CDs for years. I need to get a new copy of Eliminator with the REAL Legs. You know. This one:
 

 

One of the few songs with a Disco beat that I can tolerate, along with Kiss' 'I Was Made For Lovin' You'.  I really dig that hard, dry, no echo/reverb room sound, too.

Edited by crunchee
  • Like 3
Posted

He also digs a treble booster into a 5e3, 6g3, or an 18 watt Marshall.

  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...