Tres Aardvarks Posted March 4, 2005 Posted March 4, 2005 The one he had refinned to a solid color, kinda looks like a Rickenbacker if I remember right?
serial Posted March 4, 2005 Posted March 4, 2005 I have pics, but I haven't posted them anywhere (unless they're on the Hamer Museum). That one was a TLE.
Tres Aardvarks Posted March 4, 2005 Author Posted March 4, 2005 there was one that was posted on the old board, that had a funky curved upper horn?
Hamerica Posted March 4, 2005 Posted March 4, 2005 T.A.I think you are referring to the one that looks like a Rick. (Sorry I don't have a pic.) That was on the old board and is the guitar Robin is playing in the innerleaf of Live at Budokhan. I think Smatkus had either played it or held it when it was for auction at trick fest. Anyways, the guitar went to a huge Zander fan in Japan.Very cool piece of Hamer history.
Tres Aardvarks Posted March 4, 2005 Author Posted March 4, 2005 I think you are referring to the one that looks like a Rick. (Sorry I don't have a pic.) That was on the old board and is the guitar Robin is playing in the innerleaf of Live at Budokhan. ja, that's what I said in my first post. Somebody here must have the photo of it since it was posted here. Come on people, cough it up
HamStd Posted March 4, 2005 Posted March 4, 2005 T.A.: Hamerica is right, I think Jeff has some nice shots of the guitar and he did talk about playing it and being at the auction at TrickFest when it was purchased by the Fan.Here are a couple of shots from the Cheap Trick webpage. Very cool guitar. Wasn't there also a pic posted by Saxon that had the bass player from Angel playing what looked like a Ric 4001 body shaped 8 string hamer bass???Enjoy!!!Peter.
cmatthes Posted March 4, 2005 Posted March 4, 2005 I've seen a pic of that one in progress. Same guy built the RN "Sax" guitar as I recall...
HamStd Posted March 4, 2005 Posted March 4, 2005 Still haven't figured out how to get multiple pics posted so here is another shot of the Hamer-ricPeter
Tres Aardvarks Posted March 4, 2005 Author Posted March 4, 2005 coo, thanks Peter! That's what I was looking for!
serial Posted March 4, 2005 Posted March 4, 2005 I've got some "in process" pics of a Hamer "Ricky", but IIRC, it is Jon Waite's not Zander's. He also did the LED-inlaid ZZTop Scepters among other fun ones that I've got pics of somewhere...
kenjones Posted March 5, 2005 Posted March 5, 2005 This one? I took this photo when I saw them in Louisville in 1979.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.