Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Custom Order Arrivals Plural-METAL... GODS...

elduave

Seriously, whose idea was the kk standard? i just cannot believe it exists.

The idea for the KK Standard was the customers. If they want to chime in I'm sure they will.

Does K.K. Downing know that Standard exists? He should!

I didn't see an e-mail link but you're right. He should!

kk3.jpg

What is the name of the finish? I think it's great!

Black Cherry Burst. Stock finish, no upcharge.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's mine. I'm thrilled to see it, and the comments are great!

Ordering one built is a lot of fun. Elduave is great to work with and I recommend him highly. I am also very impressed with Hamer for duplicating the details on the original V.

The tuners wouldn't be my first choice if they weren't on the V, and there was no pickguard delete option.

I owe the board some pics- that block inlay black standard is mine too (also from Rocketeria/ Elduave).

It's mine. I'm thrilled to see it, and the comments are great!

Ordering one built is a lot of fun. Elduave is great to work with and I recommend him highly. I am also very impressed with Hamer for duplicating the details on the original V.

The tuners wouldn't be my first choice if they weren't on the V, and there was no pickguard delete option.

I owe the board some pics- that block inlay black standard is mine too (also from Rocketeria/ Elduave).

I'm glad you chimed in. Lance has been ultra supportive of our business and has even gone to bat to try and do something for Hamer fans "en masse". Awesome idea on this one. When you said you wanted the dots and jack marker in my head I thought, "they'll never do that", but hey! Who knew? I took a shot of the side of the neck, but didn't have time to look at it/post it. The side view of the maple board sitting on the Black Cherry Burst back of neck is so cool!

Here's the Block Inlay Standard:

http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/index.p...m+order+arrival

kk3.jpg

What is the name of the finish? I think it's great!

I could be wrong, but i believe that was called black cherry back in the day.

The KK is really light...

kk01.jpg

kk02.jpg

Off to the gigs. The Standard Mahogany is Gun Metal. That will be picked up locally so I should have the chance to take more shots.

Elduave,

Gorgeous guitars. I love the creativity in their unique attributes.

Elduave, what is the finish called? Is Red Burst, or Cognac Burst?

BY FAR the best current stock finish.

also are those 80's plastic hamer knobs or look a likes? and is the dot inspired from the KK Vector? first time i see it. this guitar is so crazy on so many levels. I don't think I've seen a post 86 Kahler Hamer ever

re: no pickguard delete option. Ecnal, dude, the p/g rules.

the only give away that it's not an 80s guitar is the flame

I feel bad for the silver guitar. it's a totally incredible in its own right but i'm trying to wrap my brain around the KK and i cant. you shoulda put them in separate threads Dave :lol:

black on silver is one of the hottest color combos known to man

144078.jpg

also are those 80's plastic hamer knobs or look a likes?

and is the dot inspired from the KK Vector?

Look a likes, and yes.

Can someone please post a picture of the KK Vector that inspired this? Staffers here want to see...

Thanks!

he already said that's not an option. hamer's self conscious about its naked neck joints don't you know?

somebody needs to order one with just a neck pickup, 50s style.

That's funny. Can we have a Photoshop of a Standard with an Improv pickup?

Or this one - from the same twisted mind?

MYElectraglide.jpg

More recently (but in single cut):

unclepepper_news.jpg

And of course, Anotherfreak's goldtop!

Brian (Hamerica) has a Standard shaped Mandocello with a single pickup, like Nielsen's old one. I was going to post a pic of his, but don't have it in my current archives.

There's a picture somewhere of a Phantom with a clear pickguard which shows the way the neck/body joints are currently done, hence the need for a pickguard.

Or maybe I'm wrong? After seeing the pics, hell, I don't know anymore!

There's a picture somewhere of a Phantom with a clear pickguard which shows the way the neck/body joints are currently done, hence the need for a pickguard.

Or maybe I'm wrong? After seeing the pics, hell, I don't know anymore!

I know how they look without a pickguard, they're the same as they always were pretty much. The examples posted by Chris & I are different though. That's what I want to know if they'll do.

OK, so I'm rushing out to do 2 sound gigs tonight so I'm really bummed I can't spend time to improve on the pics. So, here you go. How about, the KK Standard, and for good measure, another METAL worthy Standard? Enjoy!

kk2.jpg

kk3.jpg

bob1.jpg

bob2.jpg

Hey everybody sorry for the late response, but I arrived home last night and got the unexpected call that my new Standard was in..............which I wasn't expecting to see until early December. But Santa has certainly arrived early. So I made the trek over to Rocketeria to pick it up. As you can see it is one badass guitar. This is my second purchase from Rocketeria and as usual Dave is the one to help make it happen. If you want it or have an idea of what you want for a Standard Custom........call Dave. The only place to go!! I thought about the addition of the Floyd but not with the heavy bottom end strings. Combined with the EMG's the tone is unbelievable. Thanks for all the kind comments

Hey everybody sorry for the late response, but I arrived home last night and got the unexpected call that my new Standard was in..............which I wasn't expecting to see until early December. But Santa has certainly arrived early. So I made the trek over to Rocketeria to pick it up. As you can see it is one badass guitar. This is my second purchase from Rocketeria and as usual Dave is the one to help make it happen. If you want it or have an idea of what you want for a Standard Custom........call Dave. The only place to go!! I thought about the addition of the Floyd but not with the heavy bottom end strings. Combined with the EMG's the tone is unbelievable. Thanks for all the kind comments

Damn Bob, thanks for your kind comments.

You know, I really wish I had time to sit and play these friggin' guitars when they come in.

Archived