Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Thundernotes at the Green Martini

Last night I finally managed to catch Brian playing solo acoustic at the Green Martini in Concord NH. He was great! Cool selection of songs, well played and sung. And all this from a bass player!

He'll be back as the main attraction next Friday (1/16). Anyone near Concord should make the trip. Good stuff!

-Jonathan

At what point were tables flipped over after the discussion turned to politics?

I'm thinking that you two would make a great acoustic duo. John - can you learn to play left-handed? That would be perfect. :(

John - can you learn to play left-handed? That would be perfect. :(

That was hysterical! :D

At what point were tables flipped over after the discussion turned to politics?

I'm thinking that you two would make a great acoustic duo. John - can you learn to play left-handed? That would be perfect. :(

Nah...I suck enough right handed. But it would be a gas to work up some songs with Brian, but for the impending semester. FWIW, I've never found politics to be an impediment to music...or friendship.

-Jonathan

FWIW, I've never found politics to be an impediment to music...or friendship.

Agreed. While I don't know how Carville/Matalin do it (although I'd guess a lot of that is for show anyway), but I respect friends' views. If their views offended me personally, I shouldn't be friends with them anyway.

Politics hasn't gotten in the way of any friendships, but peoples' actions (be it racist, radically homophobic to the point of violent, etc) have. While they might argue that those are their political views, I see it otherwise.

Frankly, when we're chillin' out having a beer, the subject of politics rarely comes up. When it does, it's usually joking around. As guitarists, technologists, and fathers, we have far more things in common.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Brian perform again last night and realized that last week was just a teaser. When he's got his own rig it's a knockout!

I see lots of people with high tech rigs, but Brian's is innovative and does just what it needs to enhance his performance without overwhelming it. He had a bunch going on while he was playing and he made it look easy. Very impressive, and a good time!

Only problem is now I've got serious GAS for an Eclipse 12...

-Jonathan

Archived