Mike K Posted April 6, 2011 Posted April 6, 2011 This was a headstock crack/break that occurred during shipping. It did not break off or damage the front of the headstock. I had it professionally repaired by Mark Kane at Fat Sound Guitars here in Raleigh. Mark said that the repair is solid and that I shouldn't have any issues (and I haven't). Other than the headstock repair its basically a new guitar. I upgraded the pickup to a Lindy Fralin hum-cancelling dogear P90. The original pickup will also be included. I have been playing this guitar without issue. It intonates well and stays in tune. The OHSC is as new. I wanted something with 2 P90's so I just picked up a Collings 290. So this one is for sale. I will get pictures if anyone is interested. Asking $800 shipped/paypal'd CONUS only. I will consider offers as well but will hand it off to my son before I give it away. Thanks.
MCChris Posted April 6, 2011 Posted April 6, 2011 Which tuning machines are on this one? Grovers or Kluson type?
Mike K Posted April 6, 2011 Author Posted April 6, 2011 Which tuning machines are on this one? Grovers or Kluson type?I don't have the guitar in from of me, I'm at work. I'm pretty sure the tuners are marked Schaller and have the Grover looking kidney bean style buttons. Does that make sense? I have the Hamer Certificate so I'm sure that it's an 08'.Here we go, I forgot that I had these out on photobucket. These are pictures taken before the repair. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/mdk.../Headstock4.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/mdk.../Headstock1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/mdk.../Headstock2.jpg
paulcozby Posted April 6, 2011 Posted April 6, 2011 This was a headstock crack/break that occurred during shipping. It did not break off or damage the front of the headstock. I had it professionally repaired by Mark Kane at Fat Sound Guitars here in Raleigh. Mark said that the repair is solid and that I shouldn't have any issues (and I haven't). Other than the headstock repair its basically a new guitar. I upgraded the pickup to a Lindy Fralin hum-cancelling dogear P90. The original pickup will also be included. I have been playing this guitar without issue. It intonates well and stays in tune. The OHSC is as new. I wanted something with 2 P90's so I just picked up a Collings 290. So this one is for sale. I will get pictures if anyone is interested. Asking $800 shipped/paypal'd CONUS only. I will consider offers as well but will hand it off to my son before I give it away. Thanks.How do you like that Lindy in there? I have a Hamer Jr, and was just wondering?ThanksPaul
Scottcrud Posted April 6, 2011 Posted April 6, 2011 Man I missed the "taken before repair " part and was thinking, nice repair job
roadrunnerld Posted April 6, 2011 Posted April 6, 2011 This was a headstock crack/break that occurred during shipping. It did not break off or damage the front of the headstock. I had it professionally repaired by Mark Kane at Fat Sound Guitars here in Raleigh. Mark said that the repair is solid and that I shouldn't have any issues (and I haven't). Other than the headstock repair its basically a new guitar. I upgraded the pickup to a Lindy Fralin hum-cancelling dogear P90. The original pickup will also be included. I have been playing this guitar without issue. It intonates well and stays in tune. The OHSC is as new. I wanted something with 2 P90's so I just picked up a Collings 290. So this one is for sale. I will get pictures if anyone is interested. Asking $800 shipped/paypal'd CONUS only. I will consider offers as well but will hand it off to my son before I give it away. Thanks.Sent you an email 4 hours ago. thanks. Waiting for pics of the headstock repair.
Mike K Posted April 6, 2011 Author Posted April 6, 2011 Here are the pictures I've taken tonight. This is obviously after the repairs had been done. Sorry that I didn't send these pictures to everyone individually but I thought that this would be more efficient. Please let me know if you have any questions. Frank, I'm sorry but I've had a bunch of emails already and wouldn't feel comfortable putting this on hold. I hope you can understand. However, I will probably be available by phone tomorrow evening. Mikehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/mdk...erhead/Ham4.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/mdk...erhead/Ham3.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/mdk...erhead/Ham6.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/mdk...erhead/Ham1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/mdk...erhead/Ham2.jpgThis was a headstock crack/break that occurred during shipping. It did not break off or damage the front of the headstock. I had it professionally repaired by Mark Kane at Fat Sound Guitars here in Raleigh. Mark said that the repair is solid and that I shouldn't have any issues (and I haven't). Other than the headstock repair its basically a new guitar. I upgraded the pickup to a Lindy Fralin hum-cancelling dogear P90. The original pickup will also be included. I have been playing this guitar without issue. It intonates well and stays in tune. The OHSC is as new. I wanted something with 2 P90's so I just picked up a Collings 290. So this one is for sale. I will get pictures if anyone is interested. Asking $800 shipped/paypal'd CONUS only. I will consider offers as well but will hand it off to my son before I give it away. Thanks.Sent you an email 4 hours ago. thanks. Waiting for pics of the headstock repair.Sorry I was at work. And my commute is over an hour. Didn't mean any offense.
Dudey058 Posted April 7, 2011 Posted April 7, 2011 Here are the pictures I've taken tonight. This is obviously after the repairs had been done. Sorry that I didn't send these pictures to everyone individually but I thought that this would be more efficient. Please let me know if you have any questions. Frank, I'm sorry but I've had a bunch of emails already and wouldn't feel comfortable putting this on hold. I hope you can understand. However, I will probably be available by phone tomorrow evening. Mikehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/mdk...erhead/Ham4.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/mdk...erhead/Ham3.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/mdk...erhead/Ham6.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/mdk...erhead/Ham1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/mdk...erhead/Ham2.jpgThis was a headstock crack/break that occurred during shipping. It did not break off or damage the front of the headstock. I had it professionally repaired by Mark Kane at Fat Sound Guitars here in Raleigh. Mark said that the repair is solid and that I shouldn't have any issues (and I haven't). Other than the headstock repair its basically a new guitar. I upgraded the pickup to a Lindy Fralin hum-cancelling dogear P90. The original pickup will also be included. I have been playing this guitar without issue. It intonates well and stays in tune. The OHSC is as new. I wanted something with 2 P90's so I just picked up a Collings 290. So this one is for sale. I will get pictures if anyone is interested. Asking $800 shipped/paypal'd CONUS only. I will consider offers as well but will hand it off to my son before I give it away. Thanks.Sent you an email 4 hours ago. thanks. Waiting for pics of the headstock repair.Sorry I was at work. And my commute is over an hour. Didn't mean any offense.Nice job on the repair. One of the better ones I have seen.
Mike K Posted April 8, 2011 Author Posted April 8, 2011 Gentlemen,Thanks to all of you for your interest. This guitar is now sold.Mike K.
cmatthes Posted April 8, 2011 Posted April 8, 2011 Great guitar and great deal there. I'm sure the new owner (unfortunately, not me!) will be very happy.
MCChris Posted April 8, 2011 Posted April 8, 2011 Can't wait to test-drive this beauty!ZStill more incentive for me to get my ass to the 4-3-2-1 next weekend.
veatch Posted April 8, 2011 Posted April 8, 2011 Great guitar and great deal there. I'm sure the new owner (unfortunately, not me!) will be very happy.+1 Congrats to all!
carfish7 Posted April 8, 2011 Posted April 8, 2011 Can't wait to test-drive this beauty!ZStill more incentive for me to get my ass to the 4-3-2-1 next weekend.I don't think it will be making the 4-3-2-1 Club scene that night.But come on by anyway!Z
hikarateboy Posted April 8, 2011 Posted April 8, 2011 Unfortunately the new owner didn't realize and was very disappointed to find out he had a conflict with Birthday party dinner for his mother in-law an hour and a half out of town the night of the HFC jam. I have it on good authority however that he is going to try to convince his better half that they should drive separate so he can still make it to the 4,3,2,1 later that night. Fingers crossed.
cmatthes Posted April 8, 2011 Posted April 8, 2011 Well, I think that begs the question; "Who wears the pants in that family?"
BTMN Posted April 10, 2011 Posted April 10, 2011 Not to mention the UFO set prepared by request for the new owner of this Korina cutie! I wanna play this guitar too.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.