crunchee Posted October 10, 2015 Posted October 10, 2015 BIG Kudos to all involved! Plus, another guitar saved from the 'What's Inside?' Bozos.
Ranger Posted October 14, 2015 Author Posted October 14, 2015 I hear the guitar arrived safely and Matches is waiting on the rest of the goods before presenting the kid with a whole setup. Very cool, pats on the back all around.
savethematches Posted October 15, 2015 Posted October 15, 2015 Guitar arrived in enough packing to survive a direct nuclear blast! Seriously, Ranger could give seminars on how to ship guitars! I'll dig through the rest of the giant box and find the strap in the next day or so (I've been working 15 hour days this week).I have a little practice amp to include, but if any of the rest of you want to throw something in, I'll give you my shipping addy via PM.
Ting Ho Dung Posted October 15, 2015 Posted October 15, 2015 Guitar arrived in enough packing to survive a direct nuclear blast! Seriously, Ranger could give seminars on how to ship guitars! I'll dig through the rest of the giant box and find the strap in the next day or so (I've been working 15 hour days this week).I have a little practice amp to include, but if any of the rest of you want to throw something in, I'll give you my shipping addy via PM.I still have a gigbag. Look through your PMs
hanspanzer Posted October 15, 2015 Posted October 15, 2015 This is cool!On a norwegian guitar forum we collected parts among the forumists for a tele, shipped to a competent assembler (also a forumist) and gave it to a non profit rehearsal space for kids. It was well received and played well.
hamerhammer Posted October 16, 2015 Posted October 16, 2015 I have tried to donate a guitar to charity before - specifically a prison music program.I had seen an episode of "Locked Up" from the Kentucky State Penitentiary where well-behaved inmates were able to use the gear.They looked like so happy, like they were temporarily free - at least mentally.I looked and looked and called and called and had no luck.The closest I got was Jail Guitar Doors which is run by Wayne Kramer.We emailed and I offered gear - guitar, amp, strings, cables - but absolutely no luck.Weird.
carfish7 Posted October 16, 2015 Posted October 16, 2015 My box should arrive today or tomorrow with the Pocket Pod and cable (and another strap!). I put a $5 bill in there for some AAA batteries too. I hope the kid digs the guitar!Good on ya Ranger!
savethematches Posted October 17, 2015 Posted October 17, 2015 Shipment received. I believe I'll present it all to him at PT conference Thursday evening.
Ranger Posted October 23, 2015 Author Posted October 23, 2015 Hooray!Go to the general discussion board and read "today's the day" for the update.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.