Ranger Posted October 8, 2015 Posted October 8, 2015 70s Korean tele-copy (#437221) free to somebody who needs it, preferably an impoverished kid. Really nice guitar, for a guitar like it. You provide brief story and credentials but please note, I only trust long timers on this board. In fact, only long timers need respond. Oh hell, you guys just tell me where to send it.
polara Posted October 8, 2015 Posted October 8, 2015 That's a sweet gesture. My sis-in-law is head of the county library system working with a lot of really economically challenged folks, AND a guitarist. I'll ask her.Thanks, sir.
BruceM Posted October 8, 2015 Posted October 8, 2015 You might check with savethematches. He works with kids in music programs at a high school in central IL. I gave him a guitar under similar circumstances a couple of years ago, and it was put to very good use. It seems like he's only been posting sporadically here recently, though.
tomteriffic Posted October 8, 2015 Posted October 8, 2015 I can get a message to him and will.Edit: Done.
savethematches Posted October 8, 2015 Posted October 8, 2015 Thanks for the message Tom and for the reference Bruce. I've been working two jobs for the past few years and have not had much free time for guitar stuff. When I have time, I've been obsessing over my Bob Wallace customs.Ranger, I have one particular student in mind who needs something, anything, positive in his life. He's expressed interest in guitar recently, so I think he'd be an ideal candidate if Polara's connection falls through.
Ranger Posted October 8, 2015 Author Posted October 8, 2015 Well, Matches, unless somebody quickly deters me for good reason, that student gets the guitar. Pm contact info, please.
Montelovesco Posted October 8, 2015 Posted October 8, 2015 And anyone's wondering why I like this place?
ptm1diver Posted October 8, 2015 Posted October 8, 2015 Send it to Thorn. He could use a good guitar.
Brentrocks Posted October 8, 2015 Posted October 8, 2015 My 12 yr old cousin is starting to take lessons and he needs an electric.....if it is still available
carfish7 Posted October 8, 2015 Posted October 8, 2015 Kid is gonna need something to plug into - I have a Pocket Pod and a decent cable to add to the gifting. Probably a strap too. Let me know if I can send it along and where.
T-51Fred Posted October 8, 2015 Posted October 8, 2015 You're a class act, Ranger. A little anecdote: I put a down payment on a Rickenbacher when I was a thirteen year-old kid. My mom drove me right back to the music store and made him give me my money back. She was horrified that I would waste my money like that. I was singing with the then 13 year old Brian Setzer in our first band. He gave me the fever, and my mom gave me the asprin. Wish there was someone there giving away Korean knock-offs. If this finds it's way to a needy kid, I'll buy her/him a practice amp. Let me know.
axe2grind Posted October 9, 2015 Posted October 9, 2015 I'm an interim youth pastor at my church (volunteer). One of my first orders of business was to start a youth band. We could use equipment.
elduave Posted October 9, 2015 Posted October 9, 2015 You're a class act, Ranger. A little anecdote: I put a down payment on a Rickenbacher when I was a thirteen year-old kid. My mom drove me right back to the music store and made him give me my money back. She was horrified that I would waste my money like that. I was singing with the then 13 year old Brian Setzer in our first band. He gave me the fever, and my mom gave me the asprin. Wish there was someone there giving away Korean knock-offs. If this finds it's way to a needy kid, I'll buy her/him a practice amp. Let me know.What a story!
elduave Posted October 9, 2015 Posted October 9, 2015 Well, Matches, unless somebody quickly deters me for good reason, that student gets the guitar. Pm contact info, please.If it needs a gig bag let me know I'll ship to you or STM. Tell me more about the kids musical likes and I'll throw some according swag along as well.
gorch Posted October 9, 2015 Posted October 9, 2015 Wow, I think we haven't had an initiative like this for a while.
Caddie Posted October 9, 2015 Posted October 9, 2015 Best "pay it forward" I've ever seen. Need a guitar stand? Get the "ship to" over to me.Cheers!caddie
savethematches Posted October 9, 2015 Posted October 9, 2015 You guys still amaze me after all the years I've been hanging around. This is the third time this has happened for my students. I remember at least one instance where Geoff Hartwell's student was a recipient of this forum's generosity. My heart feels good right now. Thank you!
Ranger Posted October 9, 2015 Author Posted October 9, 2015 Matches gets the git, thanks for your interest.
custom53 Posted October 10, 2015 Posted October 10, 2015 What a great gesture. I hope you find someone deserving for it.
serial Posted October 10, 2015 Posted October 10, 2015 Ranger, I know you weren't doing this for the kudos, but awesome stuff. I love this place.
hamerhead Posted October 10, 2015 Posted October 10, 2015 Wow. This deal blossomed quite nicely. You guys are the best.
Jakeboy Posted October 10, 2015 Posted October 10, 2015 I have a friend that gives lessons and specializes in getting kids I to music. He knows lots of needy kids who cannot afford instruments..,for future reference. This is the best forum on the net. You guys rock!
Ranger Posted October 10, 2015 Author Posted October 10, 2015 Aw shucks. The guitar (and a strap) went out today to "Kid Dalton". Regarding kind offers of additional gear, I say "Fuck Yea, let's rain some love on this kid." And why not, its easy. Please contact Matches directly, The Kid needs a tuner, case, amp, stand and cables, if you're so inclined. Thanks, folks!
Ting Ho Dung Posted October 10, 2015 Posted October 10, 2015 Aw shucks. The guitar (and a strap) went out today to "Kid Dalton". Regarding kind offers of additional gear, I say "Fuck Yea, let's rain some love on this kid." And why not, its easy. Please contact Matches directly, The Kid needs a tuner, case, amp, stand and cables, if you're so inclined. Thanks, folks!I have a gig bag I could send if you didn't ship yours in one.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.