Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Experienced wait time?

Studio Custom

15 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

Just deleting the noise to highlight the facts stated. 

Not sure why you chose to key in on the fact that a tax accountant is super busy at certain times of the year. That's like saying a lawn company is slow in the winter.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Studio Custom said:

Sorry if you missed the irony of his claims versus reality. 

Apparently I also missed the part where he said he doesn't have to work either. 

3 minutes ago, Funky Chicken said:

Back to the topic at hand. Just (4:02 PM) got an email from Trish-my guitar is ready for finish. Uh oh.What to do........ 

Did you not pick a color/finish yet?

Joe:

Just a quick question for you - did you start this topic because you are thinking about ordering something from Mike (which doesn't seem at all likely given your professed tastes/past purchase history/the fact that Steve Stevens doesn't play a Shishkov), or are you just looking to spur a potentially negative discussion topic?

I'm honestly asking and truly not picking on you or anything.  I've known you for 20 years here, on and off the board, and it just seems like a very odd thread if you have no interest in Mike's guitars and actually care about what the wait time is at any given time.

43 minutes ago, Funky Chicken said:

Back to the topic at hand. Just (4:02 PM) got an email from Trish-my guitar is ready for finish. Uh oh.What to do........ 

Smile and feel good.   Congrats.   And most of all, enjoy.  

7 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Did you not pick a color/finish yet?

When I placed the order I had a very clear idea of what I was going to do-either a Natural or some variation on Orange. Then I made a small tweak to the specs, the result of which is that neither of those choices make sense anymore. Not trying to be cryptic (photos embargoed at Mike and Trish's request). It will make sense at the end. The last batch of guitars to return from paint also made my head spin a little.

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

Joe:

Just a quick question for you - did you start this topic because you are thinking about ordering something from Mike (which doesn't seem at all likely given your professed tastes/past purchase history/the fact that Steve Stevens doesn't play a Shishkov), or are you just looking to spur a potentially negative discussion topic?

I'm honestly asking and truly not picking on you or anything.  I've known you for 20 years here, on and off the board, and it just seems like a very odd thread if you have no interest in Mike's guitars and actually care about what the wait time is at any given time.

I was considering a purchase but I wanted to know if I was looking at 6 months or 36. 

9 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

Dammit, and here I  was all day, reveling in my free education from Professor Rent-a-Bobcat on how to run a guitar manufacturing company

Now I am the CFO of an international manufacturing company.  Business has grown 300% since I started 20 months ago, must be luck.  

12 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

I was considering a purchase but I wanted to know if I was looking at 6 months or 36. 

Looks like somewhere in the middle.

Wondering when the title of this thread will be replaced by an ellipsis, the telltale sign that the OP wanted to delete his thread but was incapable of doing so.

Archived