Travis Posted February 8, 2020 Posted February 8, 2020 755316 Whoever has an earlier Talladega than mine I would like to see what kind of chambering it has. Mine appears to be different than several others. Mine has no chambering behind the bridge.
Travis Posted February 8, 2020 Posted February 8, 2020 8 hours ago, donner said: Well, don't wanna stay too far behind: Talladega #7 55231 Living in Germany, bought 11/2014 over here. Your Talladega is 85 guitars before mine. I would love to know what your chambering is. If you tap around can you tell if your tally is hollow behind the bridge? Mine is not but a lot of the later ones are.
MarkF786 Posted February 9, 2020 Posted February 9, 2020 I've got a Talladega Pro that I bought new when the Hamer factory was selling their stock at great prices. When I received the guitar, I noticed on the back of the headstock was stamped in the wood "PROTOTYPE", and the serial number dates it from 2008. Also the truss rod cover says "Talladega" instead of "Talladega Pro", probably since they didn't have the new truss rod covers made yet. I'll have to dig up some photos (or take new ones). I swapped the bridge for a Pigtail Wraparound, but otherwise kept it stock. It may be the same prototype that Premier Guitar reviewed: https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/hamer-talladega-pro-review-1 It's by far my favorite guitar. I've been tempted to get a standard Talladega, though now prices are a bit high. I wonder long term if prices will go up or down.
bigolsparky Posted February 10, 2020 Author Posted February 10, 2020 As you may have noticed, I have added serial numbers to the guitars as they have become available. Latest total: 7 Tally Pros, 27 Tallies 3 of which are Earthen Maple.
atomicwash Posted February 10, 2020 Posted February 10, 2020 EM Tally pictured with the Princeton amp is.... #25/25 EM SN 8 56089
donner Posted February 12, 2020 Posted February 12, 2020 On 2/8/2020 at 2:34 AM, Travis said: Your Talladega is 85 guitars before mine. I would love to know what your chambering is. If you tap around can you tell if your tally is hollow behind the bridge? Mine is not but a lot of the later ones are. Hey Travis, it's hard to guess. I would say, the Talladega is NOT chambered below/around the bridge, as the back sounds the same around the middle axis from neck to the strap pin, but sounds different along the (upper )outer edge from upper bout towards the butt. The chambering seems to differ between 3 and 5 cm wide. Tapping the top, you can only hear smaller differences, but it seems to be alike. The guitar weighs in at exactly 3482 g/7,6765 pounds, if that helps.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.