Hamer Fan Club Message Center

80’s Set neck Chap

Xavier180

Question

6 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Xavier180 said:

What do you guys think about these models?

2ACBB0A5-7E90-408B-938C-59E250DD30C3.jpeg

A5E26300-F01D-4B9B-919C-BA99C327F393.jpeg

B6542154-1D62-49FE-8EA1-F605FB64D88E.jpeg

I had one of those years ago, identical except for a dot neck.  Killer guitar. Played great. 24 fret short scale, set neck shredder. Only sold it cuz the neck was a bit narrow for me. Would’ve preferred bigger frets personally, and could’ve gotten a re-fret to some jumbos. Probably would’ve if the neck was a bit bigger. 

I always wanted one of those, but never owned one.  One of my 'formative' Hamer moments was seeing Eddie Martinez playing one live with Robert Palmer in about '88.  It was some sort of pearl white that appeared to change colors depending on which light was focused on it, that guitar was so cool, he was really an impressive player too. 

I had a bolt on with a sustainiac for a while, I would have kept it if it had boomers instead of dots, and I should have kept it anyway. 

Love those Boomers!  I would do (almost) anything to get those... except mess around with a Floyd or Kahler and the locking nut that goes with it along with those allen wrenches.  I get all my whammy antics out of my system with my 1990s era Strat Plus guitars with locking tuners and LSR roller nut.  They are super easy to string, super easy to tune, and they hold tune very well for me.  

1482225734_lsrxhefri.jpeg.acba0419e2ae66d2600b4f86f6689469.jpeg

I acquired a Chap set neck a while back and it's cool.  Has Hamer pickups in it and the 3 switches.  I personally have to be careful with it because I wasn't used to a headstock sticking out that far.  Mine is actually 24.5".  Saw Victor (FretFriend)'s overhaul of a Chap on his YouTube and it was 24.5" which made me check mine and it was the same.  If you like 80s shredder guitars, it's hard to go wrong.  

Archived