-
Posts
3,661 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by jisham
-
EMGs - Should they stay or should they go?
jisham replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Put an EMG 60 in the neck and I think your problem gets solved. I have an Explorer with that exact combination and love it. All my other guitars have passive pups. While lots of people seem to hate EMGs, I think they have their place. -
The Artist Now Known as Dickhead
jisham replied to Thundernotes's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I totally agree. -
Some of my handy-ness in PG this month!
jisham replied to anotherfreak's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Great article and info. Teles rule. -
New G&L Model: Tom Hamilton Signature
jisham replied to elduave's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Love it. Big time. -
Come on Brent are we ashamed?
jisham replied to bubs_42's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Fuckin excuse me sir! Last i checked we live is capitolist society, a free country, where the free enterprise system is a way of life. If you wanted it you should have bought the fucking this off ebay just like i did.....FUCKIN JEEEZZZZZ God Damm....and you wonder why i didnt post it here??? This....If I could make a few hundred on an easy flip, I'd do it without a second thought. You jumped on on eBay score and made some money. Good for you. -
Well, it was fun....... but it's over.
jisham replied to BCR Greg's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Both those brands also know marketing and of course it's like beating a dead horse, but Hamer IMO shot itself in the foot many times over in that regard. I'd say that's somewhat simplistic. Comparing MM, Suhr and Hamer is like comparing apples, ocean liners, and spoons. So many differences between those brands and Hamer, it's not even worth getting into. - Austin I didn't intend to compare the brands -- just making my personal observation about marketing and its importance in relation to the original post about MM and Suhr doing well. -
Well, it was fun....... but it's over.
jisham replied to BCR Greg's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Both those brands also know marketing and of course it's like beating a dead horse, but Hamer IMO shot itself in the foot many times over in that regard. -
Well, it was fun....... but it's over.
jisham replied to BCR Greg's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I'm not sure why everyone blames Fender....Hamers hardly sold that well when Jol was running the place before the Kaman take over. Why would Fender continue funding a brand that made zero money for them? Just my opinion though...YMMV. The best part for me though is the friends I've made here on the forum. -
Well, it was fun....... but it's over.
jisham replied to BCR Greg's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Sad but why keep anything secret at this point? I think we all knew this was coming one way or another. -
Custom Order Arrival-Cue Theme From Jaws
jisham replied to elduave's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Sounds massive. -
Custom Order Arrival-Cue Theme From Jaws
jisham replied to elduave's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I came back to see it again. Definitely one of the coolest basses ever made IMO. You and Dave hit that one right out of the park. -
Custom Order Arrival-Cue Theme From Jaws
jisham replied to elduave's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Beyond bad ass. White with black binding -- and he said it could NOT be done. Congrats to the new owner. -
Wow! That's almost too good to pass up, but I'm going to do my best to resist. Even had one in my shopping cart, just seconds from hitting the button to commit, then I remembered the stack of unused guitars that are mercilessly mocking me as I type this. I'm going to point to the Slim Taper neck as the reason that I pass on one, but it'll probably bother me for a couple of hours until I forget about it. Well well well....look what showed up on my doorstep a couple of days ago. Mike, there's no way I'd call the neck on this one a "slim taper" -- more like nice and beefy IMO. Anyway, I too couldn't pass up the price on these Firebird Tributes and other than the finish being pretty cheesy, it sounds and plays fantastic. The mini-hums have a lot of chime and seem to sit right between a single coil and a humbucker. Great great tone. I'm glad I got it.
-
Would love to see you guys some time. Do you play covers or originals or both?
-
Parasite is one of the coolest KISS tunes ever IMO.
-
Zorrow, Gene and Paul have put out about 624 "Best Hits" CDs. Or, just go see any show in the past 10 years -- or the next 10 years -- and you'll hear the same crap they've been playing forever. KISS is the reason I'm a musician, as I'm sure they are to many others, but I don't dig what they're doing these days but that's just me. This Eric tune sounds like any other Peter Criss tune, and I'm sure Tommy's tune on the CD (an "ode to the Spaceman character" apparently), will sound just like Ace, the guy Tommy wishes he was. It's just all so contrived IMO. I do agree that REVENGE is a great CD though.
-
That video with Kevin Smith is extremely interesting, and funny as hell. It certainly gives you a glimpse into a world not many of us are able to experience.
-
Agreed! Can't wait for mine to show up...
-
And this one....his mastery on guitar is epic IMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDai2tk-eSE
-
Prince rules. All one needs to do is listen to his solo in this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zByqXu6nGYA
-
The Queensryche saga -long read, but it's worth reading.
jisham replied to zorrow's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
A friend of mine is the controller for the city of Hammond, Indiana, which hires bands like Queensryche for its fairs and whatnot. They recently did a Styx, Foreigner and Cheap Trick trifecta (separate shows) at the local fairground venue. I also saw Gretchen Wilson there, one of the acts that played at the city's annual week-long summer festival. He cuts the checks and says bands of that stature make in the $50-$75K range. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. Q'ryche maybe on the lower end of that as they really only had the one hit single. Decent money no doubt and it's certainly the reason those three bands tour every summer with no new output to speak of.