-
Posts
2,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
3
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by svl
-
I'm going for a plethora of tones, but would love to start with some great early VH, Brian May, James Honeyman Scott (dirty, clean, chorus-ey, all of it) and Brian Setzer. Mostly I'll be using it for live apps in the beginning, so no cab sims to start. Will be running it stereo through a Velocity 120 and two 2/12 cabs. Do I even need to worry about outboard EQ or my BBE 862 Sonic Maximizer anymore? I've used an Art SGX 2000 for years, and without the BBE and other outboard help it's pretty weak. Has anyone played with the Marsha BE and HBE model? I keep reading great things about those.
-
I finally went for broke and bought an Axe Fx Ultra. It gets here on Thursday, just in time for Christmas. Want to start getting some killer custom presets, anybody here have any they're willing to share? Or any advice to an A/FX noob on how to start out right working with the unit and avoiding any hazardous pitfalls?
-
My son performed for Paul McCartney tonight...
svl replied to cmatthes's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Saw a piece on this on the news last night, they showed the choir, but there were no dusters to be seen... Explained to my kids that CM's son was there playing for Sir Paul, and they were mighty impressed as well. They then asked how they could get in on such an act (insert "how do you get to Carnegie Hall" joke here), and my reply was PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE, 'cause that's what CM's lad did. The Matthes Family, inspiring young minds and promoting good work ethics. :angry: -
My son performed for Paul McCartney tonight...
svl replied to cmatthes's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
That is fantastic! Nothing is more important than your children, and seeing them accomplish something like this must have you on cloud nine. Congrats to your son, and a major salute to you for being such a great dad. -
Brian May Red Special REproductions
svl replied to Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Funny, the Guytons seem to be the closest replica, down to the unusual trem. Would have thought May would try to hit it closer. -
The banner was real, saw it myself on the site.
-
Sounds amazingly rich & lush. Nice work.
-
Definitely his. Looks like one of the first may be a little number entitled "The Crow". Don't know where the pricing model came from, but can't see it working in this economy.
-
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Brooks!
-
ahemmmm (major throat clearing) "Ki-i-i-id, my only..." I think I can do this. I won't be playing this time out, so might as well sing! Carmie Carmie: You are on! CM will lay bass (right, Chris?) and I'll do guitar. If we can get a rhythm guitarist on we'll be more than groovy, but could do it anyway. Cal City is FAR away, south, near the Indiana border. North Side would be better.
-
Your parking ticket, the one you get from the garage when you park. Bring it to the Cliff Dwellers Club and THEY will validate it for the special rate. At least that's what they said on the phone.
-
Also, just talked to the Cliff Dwellers Club, here's the skinny on parking. Park on Wabash & Jackson at the C&A Building- bring your parking ticket to the Cliff Dweller Club and they will validate it to get you a special $10 parking rate.
-
Address for Excalibur- Excalibur (Dome Room) 632 North Dearborn Street Chicago, IL 60654-3829 (312) 266-1944 Also, just talked to the Cliff Dwellers Club, here's the skinny on parking. Park on Wabash & Jackson at the C&A Building- bring your ticket to the event and CDC will mark it to get you a special $10 parking rate.
-
The Cliff Dwellers Club 200 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago IL 22nd Floor 60604-2487 Phone: 312-922-8080 (Michigan and Adams) Excalibur (Dome Room) 632 North Dearborn Street Chicago, IL 60654-3829 (312) 266-1944
-
Hey, if we could put the rest together and can't find a suitable female vocalist I'll do my best at Chrissie falsetto, and I don't do that for just anyone. That's too good a song to pass up playing- the solo alone is worth the price of admission.
-
dboy- I would be way down for "Kid" (really anything off the first album, but that song really sends me): Honeyman-Scott is in my top five of all time greats, and of course he was a Hamer endorser so it makes perfect sense. I am going to ask Paul to sign at least one of my guitars, and have already inquired with the big guys here and was told it will be more than cool. Here's the info on the lunch- The Cliff Dwellers, Saturday October 16th, from noon to 3 p.m. 200 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago IL 60604-2487 Phone: 312-922-8080 * Fax: 312-922-8084 http://www.cliff-chicago.org/ Looking forward to meeting you! I am also flying solo and don't know anyone (yet). Love to see your guitars as well. Doh! Chris is too damn fast! Beat me to the punch while I was hitting send.
-
Any set list ideas yet? Love to jam some good old Chicago Hamer power pop- in particular Off Broadway.
-
Nice scores, Brent!
-
If You Could Go To Only One More Concert...
svl replied to Hamerhack's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Van Halen with Michael Anthony back on board, with Prince and (the original line-up) Revolution opening. Hard to choose which act would be the hardest to get together.... -
Nice work, man! Definitely hear the Chi-town influence (Chicago boy here as well). Really enjoyed it, and that's sincere. I'm a total no BS dude, if it sucked I would say so, and this was definitely worth the 8 minutes and 27 seconds. Like to hear more....
-
Is This Guy A Little Too Full Of Himself?
svl replied to elduave's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I was a pretty big Vanilla Fudge fan, so I may equate Carmine with the group more than most. But in any event I agree it doesn't hold up to a direct comparison, just similar in certain aspects. -
Is This Guy A Little Too Full Of Himself?
svl replied to elduave's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Appice definitely had a home- he was one of the founders of Vanilla Fudge (five albums from '67 to '70). It was his first gig. -
Is This Guy A Little Too Full Of Himself?
svl replied to elduave's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Carmine Appice. -
Is This Guy A Little Too Full Of Himself?
svl replied to elduave's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Mike isn't full of himself, in fact he's a really nice, normal guy. He was trying to convey his feelings in an intelligent manner to his listeners without being a major dick to the rest of the band, and did a pretty nice job of it IMO. If it were me and I had his history with the band (and indeed, he WAS the driving force behind DT), I don't think I could have been as cordial, but then I'm not the most PC minded individual in any event. Here's a shot of Mike this past NAMM show at our booth goofing around in the Batmobile. Again, a completely normal, unpretentious, really amiable dude, freaking out like a fanboy over the car, just like the majority of us would. Super nice, no "rockstar" bullshit, just another "batnerd" in the crowd. I wish him luck (but working with bands like Avenge Sevenfold it ain't like he's going back to square one anyway and probably doesn't need it) and look forward to hearing his upcoming work. Dude is a major badass behind that kit! -
PSA: Special K on ebay
svl replied to specialk's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Nope, it's still available and has been listed again, with the BIN- http://cgi.ebay.com/Hamer-Special-K-7-/290...b#ht_500wt_1154