-
Posts
2,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
3
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by svl
-
Nice score, bro! Congrats!
-
I'm using the Ultra. It was unbelievably stellar direct, and I was able to pull all the controlled feedback I wanted thru the monitors (and the mains when I was out front).
-
The clean tones are in there. Took a bit of noodling with mine, but once I found the right tweaks I was more than pleased. My big test was a week ago when I played out and ran it strictly through the mains for the first time (no power amp, no cabs). I was completely blown away, as were the crowd and my band.
-
I'd be interested in the Matthes shirts as well.
-
Ordered this morning and it already shipped! Will let y'all know what it's like when it arrives....
-
Basically $20 bucks. Ordering mine now. Thanks for the link, Kev!
-
Korina Vector just landed, pics and a pickguard question
svl replied to TattooedCarrot's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
LOVE that grain!!! Congrats! -
Quick question for caliban- did you rotate the neck PUP for some reason, or is that an aftermarket mod?
-
Wow, that's a beauty!
-
r God, I love this guitar. Plays like a dream, roars like a lion and then purrs like a kitten. One of the best buys I ever made. Another thanks to Travis for letting her go.
-
Most Unique Hamer Ever Made (highly custom)
svl replied to coolfeel's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Very.... interesting.... placement of the top horn in that pic. Totally forgot about Maxine & the X. Ah, the hair-filled '80s.... -
Hey, now- at least DLR is a lot prettier. Funny stuff. The good that came out of watching it for me is the guitarists LP- definitely pushing me to sent my player Sunburst into Stike for some sparkle-ly goodness! Love that silver sparkle binding!
-
http://kikaxemusic.com/news/hard-rock-and-...whole-album-now Click the link for all the info on the debacle and to get to the album....
-
The turning point for me, as a musician. VH (the original members) is still my number one fave group of all time.
-
Double posted....
-
Some YouTube Axe FX beauty for you- This one is 50 songs in 10 minutes- Some Pete Thorn-
-
Surprised at that, their Marshall tones are killer. Honestly, all their amps are amazing, have not found one that didn't ring true to it's source yet. The other guitarists around me that have checked out my rig have been blown away, and one cat even ordered one already.
-
SOOOOOOO worth the $2k and more. This is what I've waited for my whole life, tone for decades and more flexibility than I ever dreamed possible. And the learning curve was much easier than I expected. Thing came guns blazing right out of the box, really easy to navigate to tweak to my hearts content. Using it with the Rocktron and two ADA 2x12s. Haven't thrown an axe through it yet that disappoints. Love the Atomics and dig the FBTs, may try one of 'em out someday soon, but for now life IS good with the rig as is. May upgrade to the MFC, but my Ultrafoot was surprising powerful so I'm trying to be good for my wife and not spend the dough.... yet.
-
Dig it. Great playing, nice comp, like the switch up, very sweet.
-
Amazing! Congrats! Jeez, I'd be torn/tempted to leave it unassembled as a collectors piece (pieces?). How often (I'm guessing never again) are you going to find untouched '70 ES175 bodies....
-
Because VH fans WANT a new album, particularly with Dave at the mike. Good, bad or indifferent, it's something that has a market and will make money. As to Jay's comment about "what's Ed done for us lately", IMO he needn't ever have done anything past the beginning. His contributions to rock and guitar playing were waaaay more than enough, just like Les Paul didn't need to do jack (though he did) after giving us the solid body electric guitar and his amazing innovations in multi track recording. BUT- EVH has actually given us a whole lot in the last 30, including some pretty great guitar innovations including the D-Tuna, the now mandatory in metal 5150 style amps and the MusicMan/Peavey/EVH guitars themselves (can not WAIT to try one of those new EVH WG Custom Shop with the rosewood board). Is he a jag? Yeah, quite possibly, as are way too many other people out there. Did he screw Michael? Yeah, looks like it, and that sucks. Are he and Alex control freaks pulling the strings in VH, sometimes to the detriment of the band itself? Definitely. But he is an icon, and a deserving one. I'm not Ed, and I don't live in his shoes, so I try to ignore the personal shit which I have no behind the scenes concrete knowledge of and just enjoy the entertainment.
-
I don't know what the disc will sound like, but I think it's a pretty good bet it'll be out by late summer, and that we'll see a late in the year tour. I am super stoked in any event. And +2 on Dave and Eddie, they're the main attraction.
-
To see who's performing on ALL the late night shows every week, go to http://www.kikaxemusic.com/news/latenight We'll never steer ya wrong...
-
Wish I could make it! You guys are awesome!
-
I'm definitely going to go for the 300, that sounds awesome. I've loved my 120, it's been a great power amp and never failed on me in over 15 years, but the 300 looks perfect. I'm going to use my Firepod as the midi interface. Anyone have any trouble with those? Thanks for the patch info, silentman, can't wait to check all those out. And good to know I can lighten my rack by a few pounds!