-
Posts
9,328 -
Joined
-
Days Won
45
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by velorush
-
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
velorush replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
It's the Valve Junior - Mesa Boogie Edition! -
I have a vivid memory of a post-FMac Bob Welch hosting The Midnight Special (a quick Duck Duck Go indicates that was Season 7, 15 June 1979, so I was not yet 15). I had no idea who he was, but I definitely noticed while playing "Ebony Eyes" he was holding his left hand in "that shape." I watched MS and Don Kirchner's constantly trying to understand how to play guitar and this "shape" kept coming up - ends up it was a root-on-low-E barre chord. I also remember him eliciting a cheer from the crowd about his choice in clothing and remarking 'fashion was kind of one of his things...' Why can I remember this? It was decades (internet age) before I made the Fleetwood Mac connection (my first exposure to FM was Rumours on eight track), but that was after I made the Peter Green/FM connection...
-
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
velorush replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
IIRC (from "The Gospel According to Luke") he's lived in the same house since the 80's. The neighbors had to expect such! 😅 -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
velorush replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
It's a holiday, in Cambodia, where the locals dress in black! -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
velorush replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
ACK! EARWORM! When I was a kid I thought she was the bomb! Mostly because she was! -
This was in a small stash of albums my wife found in her old room many years ago (along with Shaun Cassidy, a couple from Donnie & Marie, Andy Gibb, etc.). George Michael's death has been the first occasion I've been at all interested in spinning this. In spite of the peppy, poppy content, it's actually quite a well-produced album that I'd never have listened to back in the day. The album itself is terribly warped; amazing the Pro-Ject can even play the thing...
-
48 Hours and Ghostbusters aside, an excellent rock and roll album with more than your daily allowance of non-PC lyrics! Great job from the Red Rocker's future guitarist, Vic Johnson, as well! One of my favorite albums from the 80's!
-
EVERYTHING VINYL, that's what! Thanks to the sharp eyes of JohnnyB, I purchased a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC at quite a deal. Snagged Sweetwater's demo unit of the ART USB Phono Plus preamp and suddenly I'm listening to vinyl again after at least eight years without. Right now it's just over my PC speakers (decent Dell speakers with a very helpful sub-woofer), eventually planning on a pair of monitors. Let's see, so far it's been: Best of Blue Note Vol. I VanHalen Linda Ronstadt, What's New Best of Steely Dan Best of Sam and Dave Best of Blue Note Vol II Cream, Wheels of Fire (right now) Gee, that's a lot of "Best Of" albums! I didn't have many albums when I got to college, so "Best Of" albums were a way to play catch up. The Blue Note compilations were (IIRC) a kind of rebirth of the label and were a great introduction to jazz. I've got around forty albums left that I say (only partially joking) I didn't allow anyone else to play, so they're still in good shape. Been perusing Amazon - tons of albums for sale that I'd never have had access to back in the day. Exciting times! The Pro-Ject is a fine bit of kit. Thanks JohnnyB! ETA: haven't had this one out in a long time!
-
I was about to post a recommendation for the Robert Trujillo film, searched to make sure I wasn't repeating something someone else had posted, and found your recommendation. I've watched about an hour of it so far but what an amazing film and what an amazing guy. There was so much I didn't know. Highly recommended, although with caution - there is some adult language.
-
-
I have updated the initial post of the Shishkov Ulitmate Registry thread Like RobB said, let me know if I have any of this wrong or if anyone would like their burst described differently. I'm considering downloading available photos into a Photobucket folder and linking to the registry, but that might be more than anyone wants available. Edited to remain in sync with reality...
-
Yahtzee!
-
Congratulations to Veatch! And thanks for some proper NGD Pron! This just gets better and better!
-
Finally, some Shish-PRON! Thanks! An amazing specimen!
-
Sorry, I failed to actually read my own dang formula: The number of occasions I have been caught multi-tasking rather than paying attention to what I am posting are approaching my post count. My HFC participation is absolutely hamstrung by this dang job!
-
Is it with Brent? If so, the video clips should be soon to follow... Actually, 0004 should be going over to our Fearless Leader, Ted. I won't belabor the forum with the simple logic of that conclusion, but you can find it for yourself in the "Other notes, algorithms and mysteries" section at the bottom of the Shishkov Ultimate Registry. That said, a "Brent's Guitar Emporium - Shishkov Ultimate Edition" would be a welcome addition to the narrative! ETA: it seems CMatthes beat me to the punch.
-
Hey, just because Serial posts a photo of a headstock (back) and also posts a statement to the effect of "greatest guitar I've ever owned," you cannot assume Steve is owner of the pictured guitar (0003) or that the quote was referencing the pictured guitar.
-
I love the beauty of flamed/quilted maple, but I've only owned one flamey guitar (that I can remember) - this is where I learned there are, to me, more important things. I sold this incredible beauty: ... to buy this: Same basic shape, both fantastic guitars, but the vintage carve neck on the plain 'hog Senior sealed the deal for me (admittedly, the sustain block was gravy on the gravy!). Would I prefer the Senior with an 80's-special style curly maple veneer? Sure, but that wasn't in the spirit of the "Senior" when it was created.
-
Did any Hendrix Gibbys ooze to the surface?
velorush replied to humfree's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
See. Sly. Stone. -
Only way I'd pay the VIP price would be to have a meet-n-greet with Pratt, and that ain't gonna happen!
-
That's VIP package pricing: VIP Gold PackageOne premium reserved ticket in rows 1 through 10 on the floor! Specially designed RUSH gift item (exclusive to VIPs) Tour Program Official VIP laminate Rush VIP Wooden Pick Set (limited edition, exclusive to VIPs) Crowd-free merchandise shopping Dedicated VIP entrance (where available) On-site VIP host VIP Silver PackageOne premium reserved ticket in rows 11-16 on the floor or first 6 rows of lower bowl! Specially designed RUSH gift item (exclusive to VIPs) Tour Program Rush VIP Wooden Pick Set (limited edition, exclusive to VIPs) Dedicated VIP entrance (where available) On-site VIP host In the past, VIP packages have included "meet and greet" with Ged and Lerxst (Neil does not do "meet and greet"). The past couple of tours the merchandise has shipped out well after the concert. Also, you don't know your row/seat number until you show up at the venue and present your identification. Steve, did they give you an actual seat number? If so, that's an improvement over TM and CA. I'd say, if you feel it's worth it to get in the first ten (or sixteen) rows, cool, if not, the merchandise is certainly not enough to make it worth it to me.
-
There have been a ton of great 'backdrops' since he started going direct. There was the washer dryer set from Vapor Trails: After the concert they threw the Rush shirts that were "drying" into the crowd. At some point Ged added a sandwich machine (maybe R30?): Then, for Snakes and Arrows there was the Chicken Rotisserie: and the Time Machine, er, machine (made sausage during "Sausage Time") Last year was the steampunk Clockwork Angels... thingy... Lerxst had H&K make these interesting cabinets for his amps for Time Machine: and then moved all his amps off-stage for Clockwork Angels: