-
Posts
9,323 -
Joined
-
Days Won
45
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by velorush
-
From this thread: It appears stock wiring omitted the Tone control to maintain the standard two-knob layout and provide a volume control for the Piezo. Logically then, the Piezo volume would come after the switch, wired as a Blender knob. ETA:? That was posted as a statement whereas it should have been posted as a theory - I have no idea. I'd be really tempted to go with a stacked pot on the Tone control to keep a Tone for the electric pickups and a Volume for the piezo.
-
PSA Tilting Amp Stand
velorush replied to Pieman's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I especially like your complimentary head stand eliminating the need for the Fender Piggyback bits on top of the cabinet. Nicely done! -
PSA Tilting Amp Stand
velorush replied to Pieman's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Mine doesn't fold down either. I brought it down from the attic to set up my combo in the new music room / office. The amp isn't that large, but it was nearly in the middle of the room sitting on that thing. I put it back up in the attic. Makes me miss my old SF Twin Reverb with the factory JBLs. My back doesn't miss it, but I do. -
PSA Tilting Amp Stand
velorush replied to Pieman's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
That's really cool and takes up far less space than the stand like this I bought BITD: -
Would you really need meedly-meedly access on an 8-string? REALLY?
-
the Leo Jaymz $199 headless guitar on amazon
velorush replied to Jimbilly's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Set your browser to check your spelling. In Chrome it looks like this. The result is a red wiggly line under the misspelled word. And sorry if you didn't mean that literally (I sometimes don't do a good job of picking up intimated humor). š -
I was informed this week that I may be required to clean the cobwebs off my guitars (eek! after fifteen years!). I know an amp isn't going to work in the situation, so I am really reading this thread with great interest. If I end up on bass, I'll likely go direct through a JHS Colourbox, but I will likely be required to play guitar, too / instead. I was intrigued by the discussion some months ago about the various Friedman / Tone King preamps (with built-in IRs). The other end of the spectrum would be the new Helix Stadium (overkill, but overkill is a lot of fun) or a Quad Cortex (again, overkill).
-
PSA: 1981 Hamer Special FS in EU
velorush replied to cornjulio's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Great Scott that's clean! I would love to nab that were it not for shipping costs / hassles.- 1 reply
-
- 3
-
-
PSA Steve Stevens II on CL Bay Area
velorush replied to Eli's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
If I were anywhere within driving distance I would have that today. Spectacular! -
the Leo Jaymz $199 headless guitar on amazon
velorush replied to Jimbilly's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
That looks so Strandberg I can't believe there's not a cease and desist! -
Depending on what you're looking for, Reliable sells that sort. There's DIY Road Cases. Amazon, too, though would you really know what you were getting?
-
This album popped up on my Spotify feed. I'd never heard of her (but I don't get out much). I found it completely listenable, which, for instrumental guitar music is a novelty reserved for such as Satriani. Interestingly, I found occasional nods to Satch here and there, but I didn't find her playing derivative. She has her own voice. This album is from 2014, so I am late to the game: This album from was interesting in that there was a good bit of acoustic work mixed with shred: I am constantly looking for something novel to listen to and this proved more novel than most.
-
Please explain buffered and unbuffered
velorush replied to Saul Goodman's question in Ask the HFC Experts
Or a 1MĪ© resistor soldered across the switch. -
If a municipality is motivated (rightly or wrongly) to build a facility for my use on the (highly questionable) premise the return on that investment will exceed the cost, I would absolutely agree. Personally, I do not think that to be a legitimate function of government, nor a legitimate use of dollars confiscated from their populace, but they don't ask me (ever). OTOH, I do not fault the team owners who agree to be the beneficiaries of such grift. [/opinion] And no, this isn't at all political.
-
Saw that on Reverb, as well: 1982 Hamer USA Sunburst Special Double Cut Flame Top Custom Order w/ Lollar P-90s, Case | Reverb Lots of added shielding in the control cavity. Lots of surplus pickup leads, too, from the Lollar P-90s (originals are said to be included). Other than the existence of an original P-90 Sunburst from 1982, I was most surprised by the Paulesque weight: 9 lbs. 5 oz.(!) Still, it's pristine including the case. Pristine price, too.
-
Well lookie here. Beato does Wolfie.
velorush replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Finally watched the video last night. Seems like a really great (normal) guy who has looked at the shadow he was born under and decided to be himself rather than "someone's" son. Fantastic of Beato to avoid making the interview about EVH and making it about the artist. I have to admit I was surprisingly filled with emotion when Wolf said, "everyone thinks this song is "Mean Street," but "Mean Street" is like this," and he played it more or less perfectly. Good grief! He then demonstrated how his song, which on the surface sounds similar, was played completely differently. I came away completely impressed and decided his music warrants a revisit. -
Finally committed...
-
I just had a thought (mostly because of the 0.88" 1st fret neck measurement): Ditch the WonderbarTM Fill the Kahler void with a nice slab of hog Mount a Sustain Block That would make for a cool guitar, but also significant cost. The Sustain Block alone is $165. What would be a feasible purchase price for the husk? $350?