Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

velorush

Members
  • Posts

    9,324
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    45

Everything posted by velorush

  1. Peart's stand-in:
  2. ETA: My favorite band, but I began to see cracks beginning as far back as R30. Ged said it himself, the keys used on Hemispheres, for example, never anticipated performance as a septuagenarian. Would love to go, but they're not coming anywhere near me. ETAA: I see your plant and raise you Rob Halford! THAT I would actually fly to see!
  3. How is it possible I can absolutely hear the accent in that gif? 🤣
  4. Have heard Seth sing and IMO that is his greatest talent. I'm not really a fan of his humor. This should be great.
  5. Amazing! And a 12-string to boot! Huge effort on your part getting signed up here and all!
  6. FIFY It's all in the Mix and Feedback controls. Try this setting. šŸ˜‰ And welcome, Dave! šŸ™‚
  7. Finding the wall studs is not a big deal, but it does dictate the layout of the guitars. I haven't marked the wall studs - could be they're in exactly the right place.
  8. The individual Hercules hangers look better for a home environment. I like the idea of the wall-colored board mounted to the wall studs. Food for thought.
  9. That's enough endorsement for me! String Swing was what I was looking for, I just didn't know the brand. I was really nervous about the padding on the Amazon version as I've suffered reactions in the past. I like the Hercules cradle, but if I used individual Hercules hangers I would end up mounting them to a board so that I could locate the fasteners on wall studs. The String Swing skips that step. They're 48" long for a five-spot unit. I think I might buy a couple of those. Thanks!
  10. After 25 years of waiting for kids to grow up and move out, I finally have a music room / office. I moved in a couple of weeks ago and with seven guitars on stands (and me constantly perusing Reverb...) the place seems cluttered and it's difficult to move around. I am looking at getting them up off the floor. Anyone try this system? https://a.co/d/7uwl4LP (Amazon Link) Seems more efficient and safer (ability to mount to wall studs) than individual Hercules hangers. I am open to any suggestions for better. I won't say price is no object, but I am definitely willing to pay good money to ensure whatever I buy will be safe.
  11. Good grief! I started scrolling through the brochure and thought it would never end. This thing is amazing.
  12. The great irony is "everyone" hated it, but the only Boss pedal that shipped more units was the DS-1. šŸ˜†
  13. I assume it was a (yet another) dig at this one: Am I wrong?
  14. Update: they still don't have it (wink wink nudge nudge): Never noticed the solid 12th fret marker.
  15. Might I recommend also the complimentary product:
  16. Came here to post that very thing. @Willie G. Moseley beat me to it. I thought that was expressly stated in the Netflix documentary. Norm's lost it? Unlikely? ETA: Google AI confirms it (FWIW): The iconic cherry red Gibson ES-345 guitar used in the movie Back to the Future was borrowed from Norman's Rare Guitars in Los Angeles. Norman Harris, the owner of Norman's, initially warned the filmmakers that the ES-345 was not the correct instrument for the 1955 setting of the movie, as it was released in 1958. Despite this, the filmmakers chose to use the ES-345 for its look, as they wanted a slimmer and more streamlined guitar. The guitar's iconic status has led to a global search by Gibson to find it, as it was lost after the film's production. A documentary, "Lost to the Future"., is also being produced to celebrate the movie's 40th anniversary and document the search for the guitar. The ES-345's unique features, such as the solid parallelogram inlays at the 12th fret and a custom-ordered or factory second, are being used to help identify it if it's found.
  17. I have never been around a single Klon (I mean, what would a $$$$ pedal be doing between the swamps, really?) until I went to see Kevin Eubanks in concert. Playing was brilliant, but I noticed every time he went to a dirty tone it was terrible. Like JC120 distortion terrible (anyone else remember that?). He had only a few pedals on the floor and after the concert I edged up to the stage to see what he had. Klon. I never actually wanted one due to the price, but after that I really was never even curious.
  18. Wasn't a fan in the 80's (my head was too far up SRV's butt to care), but this popped up in my Spotify feed yesterday just as I was beginning my workout. I found it very musical, melodic and absolutely unrelenting. Great workout playlist.
  19. We shipped three pallets of four (very large) batteries each, Tennessee to Colorado, with an LTL carrier. The entire shipment went missing. Located three weeks later... in Mexico. Well, one pallet with a couple of batteries was located...
  20. I still have a running Search on Reverb for these... ... and after a year I still have had nothing turn up...
  21. I don't know, the execution is absolutely abysmal, but a 34" scale baritone would be a force to be reckoned with!
×
×
  • Create New...