cswilder Posted May 30, 2007 Posted May 30, 2007 I haven't had this long, but I need to recover cash from a Nash P-bass I bought yesterday. It's an 04 Newport pro with a flame maple top, victory inlays, and an ebony board. The pickups have been changed to WCR darkbursts and it sounds fantastic. It's an excellent player and has a couple of minor dings, but is overall very clean. The OHSC is included. $1400 obo shipped and paypaled. Email for a complete set of pics. Thanks, Chris
MCChris Posted May 30, 2007 Posted May 30, 2007 Is this the one you got from pirateflynn?Man, what a gorgeous guitar.
jwhitcomb3 Posted May 30, 2007 Posted May 30, 2007 Oh, man, that's gorgeous! I'm in the middle of downsizing my gear but that picture had my hand reflexively twitching toward my wallet.Wow!-Jonathan
Guest pirateflynn Posted May 30, 2007 Posted May 30, 2007 Wow. I'm really surprised your letting this go. A fine guitar.
Camstone Posted May 30, 2007 Posted May 30, 2007 This configuration on a Newport is killer. I recently picked up a maple topped Newport in this same finish and I love mine. Somebody is going to be very happy with this one. Too bad you have to sell it.
Dumo Posted May 30, 2007 Posted May 30, 2007 That top with the dark board is the best combo out there.
cswilder Posted May 30, 2007 Author Posted May 30, 2007 Oh, man, that's gorgeous! I'm in the middle of downsizing my gear but that picture had my hand reflexively twitching toward my wallet.Wow!-JonathanAs am I. I almost posted the 77 Sunburst instead. I may still have to. When I over-extend myself (too frequently) I usually have to decide between selling vintage or modern gear. I usually sell modern Hamers first because they are so consistently good that I know I can replace them in the future.
cswilder Posted May 30, 2007 Author Posted May 30, 2007 Sunburst for sale?Call me.Not yet, but you now top the list of people to call if I need to.
DavidE Posted May 31, 2007 Posted May 31, 2007 I haven't had this long, but I need to recover cash from a Nash P-bass I bought yesterday. It's an 04 Newport pro with a flame maple top, victory inlays, and an ebony board. The pickups have been changed to WCR darkbursts and it sounds fantastic. It's an excellent player and has a couple of minor dings, but is overall very clean. The OHSC is included. $1400 obo shipped and paypaled. Email for a complete set of pics. Thanks, Chris Dayum......
gw_bluesman Posted May 31, 2007 Posted May 31, 2007 Chris,Interested in a trade with or without cash? I have a 04 USA Hamer Studio that I want to move and might consider letting an amp go if your looking. I'll PM you.Thanks,Glenn
BadJaxx Posted June 2, 2007 Posted June 2, 2007 Sold. Thanls!Thank Christ. Begone, temptation!Ditto...
eddie_black Posted June 7, 2007 Posted June 7, 2007 Sold. Thanks!You made me a happy man! It is even better than the pictures and plays like a dream. Thank you.
BadJaxx Posted June 7, 2007 Posted June 7, 2007 DON'T SAY THAT!!!! talk about how crappy it is so i'll sleep better at night....
cswilder Posted June 7, 2007 Author Posted June 7, 2007 I'll get the COA out to you tomorrow. It's an amazingly sweet guitar I wish I didn't have to part with. Enjoy!
Pieman Posted June 7, 2007 Posted June 7, 2007 Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I think this guitar has changed hands 2-4 times within the last six months. If I recall correctly it was offered for sale about a year ago and went unsold for six months and then it has been moved 2-3 time after that. What has caused people to flip this?
Guest pirateflynn Posted June 7, 2007 Posted June 7, 2007 That is one special guitar and very beautiful. The WCR Darkbursts make it howl and sing ...... enjoy it!Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I think this guitar has changed hands 2-4 times within the last six months. If I recall correctly it was offered for sale about a year ago and went unsold for six months and then it has been moved 2-3 time after that. What has caused people to flip this?I sold this Newport to Chris, and miss it. My story is that I needed some dough in a hurry and let go of some very nice guitars, including this one. It is set up with Darkburst PUs and I would put that guitar up against just about anything in terms of tone and playability ..... no joke.Imagine spending only $1,400 and getting a guitar like THAT. We each traded the Newport to each other for exactly what we paid ..... and that's pretty cool, too.
cswilder Posted June 7, 2007 Author Posted June 7, 2007 For my part, I just got myself in a financial bind. The rest of my guitars are less valuable (meaning they wouldn't have brought enough to bail me out) or vintage so the Newport had to be the one to go.
eddie_black Posted June 8, 2007 Posted June 8, 2007 For my part, I just got myself in a financial bind. The rest of my guitars are less valuable (meaning they wouldn't have brought enough to bail me out) or vintage so the Newport had to be the one to go. I have to weigh in on this one. Thank you to all who owned this guitar before me for the mojo you gave it by making your own music on it. And that includes those clumsy fools who played it and passed it up when hung in a music store. That is one of the things I love about used guitars - the soul and love of previous owners. I am sorry you had to give this one up. I've been there and have many regrets. My advice these days is to find another way to cover your bills and keep the guitars you love. But in this case, I have benefited and am glad to have made the transition a little less painful through the price I paid. I gained a fabulous guitar. The only tiny thing I can find wrong with it is a minor buzzing in the pickup selector switch when certain notes are played and the switch is in the center position. Easily fixed and only noticeable unplugged. The guitar plays and sounds like a dream. I can throw away all my effects, this guitar needs no help. I like to think this guitar has ended its journey with me. May my luck hold out. Thank you Chris.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.