Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recommended Posts

Posted

As in for sale by an HFC-er:

I wouldn't bank on that flame maple Cali coming up for sale any time soon.... but if it does, it'd be here first. :D

Posted

That was my brother's guitar, and it was really, really nice. Crazy nice, I still can't believe he sold it. An absolute joy to play. I offered him the other two guitars in this pic for it, and he turned me down flat.

3amigos.jpg

Posted

We get it. Boomers don't belong on Talladega's, for sure. But, I'm with Poe... not to embrace a cool, distinguishable part of your brand is silly.

Like Changing a name from Datsun to Nissan. They spent 2+ decades building an identity and then threw it away and started over for a corporate mandate. Of course, that Nissan turned some watered-down product at the same time didn't help.

Steve

Posted

That was my brother's guitar, and it was really, really nice. Crazy nice, I still can't believe he sold it. An absolute joy to play. I offered him the other two guitars in this pic for it, and he turned me down flat.

3amigos.jpg

Somehow it looks even cooler in that pic. That's alot of ebony-fretboarded goodnes right there!

-Austin

Posted

That was my brother's guitar, and it was really, really nice. Crazy nice, I still can't believe he sold it. An absolute joy to play. I offered him the other two guitars in this pic for it, and he turned me down flat.

3amigos.jpg

Jim, your brother seems real nice, was very pleasant to deal with and is genuinely concerned about the welfare of that Cali. Don't take his turning you down to heart- putting kids thru college sometimes forces parents to do extreme things, like sell off beautiful axes instead of trade them for a brother's equally nice axes. :D

Posted

Jim, your brother seems real nice, was very pleasant to deal with and is genuinely concerned about the welfare of that Cali. Don't take his turning you down to heart- putting kids thru college sometimes forces parents to do extreme things, like sell off beautiful axes instead of trade them for a brother's equally nice axes. ;)

Oh yeah, Dave's a great guy. :D I kept telling him "Some guy with 40 of these already is going to buy it and it'll end up never getting played again, you need to keep it or give it to me so it doesn't end up in storage! If Ed Roman gets it no more BBQ invites for you!" LOL

As long as it gets played, that's what matters most. I had a blast with it in the short time I had it, it really plays well, and sounds so awesome. I would have loved to have kept it myself, but I've got a few I can play (and I really need a Standard, anyway).

Posted

Jim, your brother seems real nice, was very pleasant to deal with and is genuinely concerned about the welfare of that Cali. Don't take his turning you down to heart- putting kids thru college sometimes forces parents to do extreme things, like sell off beautiful axes instead of trade them for a brother's equally nice axes. ;)

Oh yeah, Dave's a great guy. :D I kept telling him "Some guy with 40 of these already is going to buy it and it'll end up never getting played again, you need to keep it or give it to me so it doesn't end up in storage! If Ed Roman gets it no more BBQ invites for you!" LOL

As long as it gets played, that's what matters most. I had a blast with it in the short time I had it, it really plays well, and sounds so awesome. I would have loved to have kept it myself, but I've got a few I can play (and I really need a Standard, anyway).

You may rest easy- it is in the HFC family now and will stay there for as long as I have any say. I can also assure you that it will actually be played and not sit in the case or behind some plexiglass display case. I got some studio projects I plan to use this for and might just bring it out on stage one of these days. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...