kizanski Posted September 10, 2012 Posted September 10, 2012 Link"1981 Hamer Special Sunburst electric guitar. Used. In excellent condition, with only minimal pick scratches."Anyone here selling or bidding on this thing?Someone already committed to at least $1250 (including shipping), which has me "shocked and amazed," as Jessica Hahn would say.That's excellent condition Sunburst money for a Special with one photo and no mention of a case...
Bobby Marshall Posted September 10, 2012 Posted September 10, 2012 Isn't the only difference between a 1981 Special and a 1981 Sunburst the headstock decal and body binding vs. no binding?
kizanski Posted September 10, 2012 Author Posted September 10, 2012 Isn't the only difference between a 1981 Special and a 1981 Sunburst the headstock decal and body binding vs. no binding?Yep, but that's a big deal. Or at least historically the Sunburst always brings a lot more money.And Specials RARELY sell for over $1,000. Actually I can count on two fingers the ones I can remember that have sold for more than $850.$1,250 (and counting) is way out there.ETA: Maybe the bidder thinks it's a Sunburst?
cynic Posted September 10, 2012 Posted September 10, 2012 If eBay had more buyers like that, I'd be selling loads of stuff.
Bobby Marshall Posted September 10, 2012 Posted September 10, 2012 I can see that. And I agree the bidder probably thinks it is a Sunburst. Some people want what they want, and I haven't seen many early specials lately. Cynic, maybe you should have a link to pics of your gear, who knows who may be interested in floating a strong offer your way . . .
cynic Posted September 10, 2012 Posted September 10, 2012 Your ability to request photos and/or make strong offers is but a mouse click away
Hamer Dave Posted September 10, 2012 Posted September 10, 2012 Kiz',I'm only on mobile but, is that not the starting bid? I don't see a number displaying any bids. Or am I just not seeing the whole picture? Way it looks to me, it's a wishful seller trying to score big. Or... The cash is becoming loose out there. I'd guess that be going at half that. I initially was thinking 'Sunburst' as well. I so love binding though.
RichRS6 Posted September 10, 2012 Posted September 10, 2012 I wonder whats engraved on the TRC, they don't usually have engraved covers do they? .
svl Posted September 10, 2012 Posted September 10, 2012 One bid on this at $1200.Guess I'll say fuck it to my no eBay for Hamers rule and list the Schenker Vector and graphic Special and let the buyers have at it....
murkat Posted September 11, 2012 Posted September 11, 2012 Your ability to request photos and/or make strong offers is but a mouse click away I love your internet / computer savyness
kizanski Posted September 11, 2012 Author Posted September 11, 2012 One bid on this at $1200.Guess I'll say fuck it to my no eBay for Hamers rule and list the Schenker Vector and graphic Special and let the buyers have at it....Right, which means he probably bid more. I shudder to think what the bidder thinks he's getting for that money.And again, let me point out - One photo (and not a good one, either), and no mention of a case, fret condition, past repairs (if any)... Just that it's "In excellent condition," and we all know what that means.The bidder (if he's for real) is in for a surprise.
The Shark Posted September 11, 2012 Posted September 11, 2012 I have a blonde 1981 Special that I paid 1K for. It's a time-capsule except for one insignificant ding. I also put stainless steel frets on it after I purchased it. One of the finest guitars I've ever owned. All my friends want it. I'd guess that four years later they are worth less.
kizanski Posted September 14, 2012 Author Posted September 14, 2012 Another one.I guess the seller figures where there's one fool...At least this auction has great pictures and a description which tells you what you'd be getting.
kizanski Posted September 18, 2012 Author Posted September 18, 2012 Looks like someone came to his senses and cancelled his bid.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.