Hamer Fan Club Message Center

EU Meeting at Musikmesse 2014.

gorch

Planning for bed and breakfast  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well lets start and plan the EU meeting for next year. Time flies quickly.

Musikmesse will be from 12.-15.03.2014, Wednesday to Saturday. Saturday is meant for the public and not recommended to go there. There should be no problem to buy tickets for business days. At least we all are musicians right?

The idea, therefore, is to plan for Musikmesse, Frankfurt, on Friday 14th and have the social meeting at our home in the country side on Saturday 15th. Public transport is included with the tickets. From ours to Frankfurt it is about an hour on bus and train.

Please carefully check the poll for me to plan on bed and breakfast. We'll see how we manage pick-up at Frankfurt airport and how to build driving companies along the way for car drivers.

Who's coming?

Nothing is fixed yet. So, bring in your own ideas?

Let's go for it!

Find the schedule here.

Find the location information here.

Find Musikmesse information here.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need a Thursday to Sunday option for those who will not want to go home.

Not sure if I'll be driving or flying, it will depend if I am bringing Mrs Rich.

I'm still up for this and I'm open to all suggestions/options so long as there's guitars and beer involved somewhere along the way I'll be happy.

I will let you know as well as I am interested to. First back to Germany (es freut mich tierisch) and then to Hamer/Music / Good ambiance (Das Wort Gemutlich ist deutsch).

I'll be flying, of course. :) Still don't know if I'll arrive just the day before, or three or four days in advance. In the later case, my brother will pick me up for sure. I plan to spend at least a couple of days in Luxembourg, before or after Musikmesse, depending on the actual day of my arrival. Anyway, please organize whatever you want and I'll adapt. I'll have the half of my time in Europe just to be with you guys. :)

I could pick you

I'll be flying, of course. :) Still don't know if I'll arrive just the day before, or three or four days in advance. In the later case, my brother will pick me up for sure. I plan to spend at least a couple of days in Luxembourg, before or after Musikmesse, depending on the actual day of my arrival. Anyway, please organize whatever you want and I'll adapt. I'll have the half of my time in Europe just to be with you guys. :)

I could pick you up in LX.

Not sure if I'll be driving or flying, it will depend if I am bringing Mrs Rich.

I'm still up for this and I'm open to all suggestions/options so long as there's guitars and beer involved somewhere along the way I'll be happy.

It's a checkbox poll not radio buttons. So, check all options for the full weekend.

Im with you on that buddy

I could pick you up in LX.

That's nice, man! Thanks a lot for the offer. Will keep it in mind, although my brother very probably will drive me to Frankfurt, as he also plays guitar and might also want to join us -I'm guessing that's not a problem with you guys, if that finally happens.

On my side, I shall fly and am not sure to bring Hamer stuff with as this may not be the easiest thing :) but I will check later...Looking forward to joining you there

Bump to keep up attention.

+1

Maybe we need to start thinking about three things:

1- Pinning it up there.

2- Reserving a place to gig (a bar, as we did in Florida? or maybe an open area?).

3- The setlist for 2 above -it should last one hour at least, I guess.

:)

Chris has been informed. We'll see if the thread gets pinned.

Thanks Zorrow. I'll see what's possible. Currently, only a handful of people have checked in the poll. Saturday evening would be the candidate for jamming. I might ask my son's band Daily Friday if they plan a local gig for that date. They have a reasonable cover list were we could chime in. No guarantee yet. Just ideas.

Just chatted with by brother on FaceTime for a couple of hours. We started talking about preparing some songs for this event and even took our guitars out and dabbled quite a few tunes from our good old times. It's nice to see one has not forgotten everything, even after all these 25 years. :)

So, I think we'll bring some Malmsteen and some Queen... and let's see what else. I'll come back with six to eight proposals soon.

BTW, I assume some of us will be fairly functional on bass and on vocals, but... how hard would it be getting a drummer for a jam? Does anyone of you play drums? Maybe Gorch's son's band's drummer can lend us a hand?

• 2 weeks later...

Short feedback. Currently, I'm searching for a venue that covers bed and breakfast in short distance combined with the option to have the gear room locked overnight. Quite a challenge, but not impossible.

How is your expectation on bed or sleeping comfort, actually? Currently, I'm planning for a 10 size team.

Hi Gorch..On my side, flexible...Roots condition are ok, at least to remember the youth condition.

Sleeping bag ok ...but quite adaptable any way...

Have a nice day

I don't give a dime. Anything will do, as far as it's warm enough. Can I please just get a place for my brother too?

I don't give a dime. Anything will do, as far as it's warm enough. Can I please just get a place for my brother too?

Booked.

• 1 month later...

In the meantime I have booked bed and jam room for us for the period March 13 - 16, 2014 (Thursday to Sunday).

http://www.ec-freizeitheim.de/

We are flexible up to 22 beds and have our own conference room where we can store and play gear. The location is in the center of the village where I live. There is plenty of parking space around the house. An Italian-German restaurant is nearby, 3 minutes to walk.

Prices are EUR 15.00 pp.pn. plus a one time fee of EUR 75.00 for cleanup. Breakfast is on our side. If anyone brings in regional sausage or cheese...

People who want to join in on Thursday, 13. Musikmesse can easily be reached with public transport in equal time it usually takes by car. That'll allow for a beer or two in Frankfurt. Public transport is enclosed in the Musikmesse tickets.

It's a German evangelists hostel like accommodation that's providing comfort for what it needs. As far as I've seen it, bedrooms are up to four beds.

Location is in the village of Allertshofen, Modautal, in the Odenwald region, 1 hour south of Frankfurt city, 15 minutes east from the A5 at Seeheim-Jugenheim departure.

The famous UNESCO supported "Felsenmeer" is nearby. So, there's plenty of rocks we can rock.

http://www.felsenmeer-informationszentrum.de/

http://felsenmeer.org/

I'll go and post the information in a German musicians forum where a couple of HFC members usually stray around.

Let me know of any ideas you would like to bring in.

An HFC football match? :) And I mean soccer, of course. :)

Book me in. B)

Archived