MCChris Posted April 16, 2014 Posted April 16, 2014 So I recently bought this guy from Kurt. Dig the amp but the white levant isn't really my bag. Kurt says it's a Mojotone headshell. Anyone with a black head shell want to get their Randy Rhoads on instead? Let's do a trade!
Hackubus Posted April 16, 2014 Posted April 16, 2014 I might take you up on that offer. Let me go see what I have back in the warehouse. BRB
Hackubus Posted April 16, 2014 Posted April 16, 2014 Well pooh....I do have a black plexi headshell, but it's a real live 70s 50W Marshall headshell.I'd better hang on to it. Good luck with trade!
MCChris Posted April 17, 2014 Author Posted April 17, 2014 Quite happy with it so far. Still experimenting with jumping the channels and whatnot but I'm pleased with the amount of gain (not Rectifier level but more than the Fargen Miniplex I had and later sold for not having enough). Way more than $500 worth of tone in this amp, that's for sure!I also picked up one of these to use with it:http://www.heavyelectronics.com/DE/DE.htmlEssentially turns a single channel amp into a channel switcher. Cool pedal!
MCChris Posted April 17, 2014 Author Posted April 17, 2014 Very interesting pedal.I was fortunate to find a used one in essentially new condition for a great price. I wouldn't be super enthused about paying $129 for a volume pot with a treble boost, but it does work wonderfully.It could also be useful to put in front of a filter or fuzz to get those types of pedals to perform differently on the fly.
bubs_42 Posted April 17, 2014 Posted April 17, 2014 Very interesting pedal.I was fortunate to find a used one in essentially new condition for a great price. I wouldn't be super enthused about paying $129 for a volume pot with a treble boost, but it does work wonderfully.It could also be useful to put in front of a filter or fuzz to get those types of pedals to perform differently on the fly.I have an amp OTW that this could be a great addition. I was thinking HBE Detox, but I may not need anything if it works as good as I think it will.
DEMENTED Posted April 17, 2014 Posted April 17, 2014 I don't have a black one to trade but I may be interested if you decide to sell the white head shell. I do have orange one I could trade.
Guest gearwhore Posted April 18, 2014 Posted April 18, 2014 I just sold one yesterday and shipped it a few hours ago...I would have swapped in a second..the white would have brought more on Evilbayhey you could sell your shell on feEbay and buy a black one.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.