GSHTX Posted November 28, 2014 Posted November 28, 2014 For Sale: PRS 2008 Custom 22 Soapbar guitar in Vintage Natural finish, 10 top. Three Seymour-Duncan P-90 pups. Rosewood fingerboard, with Bird inlays. Mahogany back, neck & sides. Regular "D" shape neck. Locking PRS Tuners, 5 position Blade switch and Tremolo Bar. Great action, recent set-up by Pace Guitars here in Houston, TX Excellent condition. There is one small nick on the top edge of the guitar towards the strap button towards the back side of the guitar. (see photo) I added one of the old "outdoor" photos of the guitar per request.Original tags are in the case (OHSC) which is also included. $1600 Paypal’d + Shipped CONUS ONLY *** I realize I am a newbie here. I have been buying & selling gear for a long time. Please feel free to check my Ebay feedback, over 12 years with 100% Positive Feedback "Geoff96" OK, MUST SELL, Dropping price again.........You're not gonna find one of these any cheaper for a long time!!!
Sugartune Posted November 28, 2014 Posted November 28, 2014 Wow! That is a beauty. Just about the only PRS model that gets me going. Good luck with the sale!
GSHTX Posted December 1, 2014 Author Posted December 1, 2014 Gonna drop the price down to $1675 Paypal'd & shipped (CONUS ONLY)
cmatthes Posted December 1, 2014 Posted December 1, 2014 Screamin' deal for one of the coolest PRS models of the last decade or so!
proxmax Posted December 5, 2014 Posted December 5, 2014 is regular D different to regular in PRS terms?my PRS with regular neck is way different to a D...
GSHTX Posted December 5, 2014 Author Posted December 5, 2014 Well,I'm not really sure, it feels like a "D" neck to me also, I had talked to the techs at PRS about this particular guitar (by Serno) and I was told it is a regular "D" carve neck.Hope this helps!Geoff
proxmax Posted December 5, 2014 Posted December 5, 2014 my regular neck is more like a mix between a C shape and a bit of a medium V... this is my feel.
proxmax Posted December 5, 2014 Posted December 5, 2014 as far i know the custom 22 was offered in wide/fat and in wide/thin.wide/thin did remember me on a D as well.you can read the neck shape in your hang tag or get it via MODCAT.
GSHTX Posted December 5, 2014 Author Posted December 5, 2014 I have the hang tag but it just says "Soapbar" where the "neck type" is supposed to be. I know another one of these guitars sold on here in August , it too had a regular D neck. That was the same year (2008) & model with the Mahogany neck/rosewood fingerboard. Like I mentioned, the regular D neck was verified by PRS..
atquinn Posted December 5, 2014 Posted December 5, 2014 The Regular D neck shape is like the neck they use on the DGT model; it just doesn't have the (awesome) jumbo frets that the DGT necks do.-Austin
Jakeboy Posted December 5, 2014 Posted December 5, 2014 Just curious...what SD pickups are in that bad boy?
GSHTX Posted December 5, 2014 Author Posted December 5, 2014 I was told they are "Special Design" Seymour-Duncan P-90 PUPS. Hang tag just says "Soapbar" for all three.According to the last one that sold on here "Duncan vintage P90s in the neck and middle and, IIRC, a Duncan Hot neck P90 in the bridge" by Austin. (Atquinn)
proxmax Posted December 5, 2014 Posted December 5, 2014 i never heard the term regular D from PRS.they also call it standard...
GSHTX Posted December 5, 2014 Author Posted December 5, 2014 Here's a copy of the email sent to me from PRS when I enquired about the neck (yes, somebody else had the same question):This appears to be a 2008 Custom Soapbar, figured maple 10 top, mahogany neck with a regular D carve, 25” scale length, East Indian rosewood fretboard, Vintage Natural finish with Soapbar pickups. I hope you find this information helpful. Regards, Matt KingPaul Reed Smith GuitarsCustomer Service380 Log Canoe CircleStevensville, MD 21666410-643-9970
velorush Posted December 5, 2014 Posted December 5, 2014 i never heard the term regular D from PRS.they also call it standard...I'm no authority on PRS, but when I was obsessing over the PRS KL380 I recall it was described as having a "Regular D Neck," as well. I thought it was one of the most comfortable necks I'd ever played. From the 'we don't sell that one any more' page of Sweetwater.com:Paul Reed Smith KL 380 LTD Edition Electric Guitar Features:Finish: Vintage NaturalSolid korina body and neckCustom 22 body style25" scale length22 fretsMoon inlaysRegular D neckTremoloBlack Soapbar pickups with 5-way selectorVolume control and Tone controlMy recollection (and it's been a few years) was it being similar to the Hamer vintage carve, but I could be way off (CMatthes would be a great resource on this). FWIW, PRS web site notes only a "Regular" neck, but not a "Regular D." I'm guessing they are one and the same, but, again, what do I know of PRS?
proxmax Posted December 5, 2014 Posted December 5, 2014 Here's a copy of the email sent to me from PRS when I enquired about the neck (yes, somebody else had the same question):This appears to be a 2008 Custom Soapbar, figured maple 10 top, mahogany neck with a regular D carve, 25” scale length, East Indian rosewood fretboard, Vintage Natural finish with Soapbar pickups. I hope you find this information helpful. Regards, Matt KingPaul Reed Smith GuitarsCustomer Service380 Log Canoe CircleStevensville, MD 21666410-643-9970thanks,so "regular D" seems to be a specific shape for some special products.i didn't know about this.as i said earlier - my PRS custom 24 has a regular neck that is far away from a D.
proxmax Posted December 5, 2014 Posted December 5, 2014 sorry when i hijacked your selling thread,i'm sure your guitar is just awesome.
GSHTX Posted December 5, 2014 Author Posted December 5, 2014 No worries......The publicity is all good! It's good for people to ask questions......
atquinn Posted December 8, 2014 Posted December 8, 2014 At that price, it might be time for CU22 Soapbar #6!-Austin
proxmax Posted December 8, 2014 Posted December 8, 2014 i was so worried about that for me unknown shape so i had to ask:Hi Klaus,Thank you for writing PRS Guitars. Yes we used the Regular D shape was used on the Custom 22 Soapbar model. I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you for your continued support of PRS Guitars. Matt KingPaul Reed Smith GuitarsCustomer Service380 Log Canoe CircleStevensville, MD 21666410-643-9970
GSHTX Posted December 9, 2014 Author Posted December 9, 2014 At that price, it might be time for CU22 Soapbar #6!-AustinI can ship via FedEx in the PRS box it came in, first thing Wednesday morning!.......Tomorrow is all tied up already! I don't know how far you are from Texas but you could be playin' it real soon......LOL
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.