cynic Posted December 8, 2015 Posted December 8, 2015 I think there's only one all hog Tally and it sold on eBay last year. Anyone here pick it up and willing to move it? I've always really dug the Byrdland...sell me yours! As far as trades, anything I own would be on the table. If you have one of the above let's talk.
django49 Posted December 8, 2015 Posted December 8, 2015 Dang......My Byrdland left the premises a few years ago....I assume you have played one? If not, you might try to test drive one.As much as I liked that guitar in some respects, including the concept and history, I could never get comfortable with that small neck and short scale......And I have smallish hands. So it got very little actual play time, notwithstanding how long I lusted after one.
cynic Posted December 8, 2015 Author Posted December 8, 2015 I hear ya....they're so few and far between that I've never played one, but have lusted after one for 40 some odd years. The smart route might be to find an Epi Elitist as a stepping stone, but man they're ugly without the florentine cut
django49 Posted December 8, 2015 Posted December 8, 2015 I would def try to play something similar (I think there was a Gibson E3-350 that was a "plainer" version of the same theme).For better or worse, the Byrdland commands a premium price and that restricts the number of buyers if you decide it does not work for you.
Bloozguy Posted December 8, 2015 Posted December 8, 2015 I would def try to play something similar (I think there was a Gibson E3-350 that was a "plainer" version of the same theme).For better or worse, the Byrdland commands a premium price and that restricts the number of buyers if you decide it does not work for you.I think the ES-350T is a Byrdland with a normal scale length and normal neck dimensions.
cynic Posted December 8, 2015 Author Posted December 8, 2015 Yeah, the 350T is a Gibson scale less expensive model, and the 350TDN is the Byrdland scale less expensive model.Neither of the above will scratch my itch.
django49 Posted December 8, 2015 Posted December 8, 2015 Guess we are both right....An original was an "economy" version of the Byrdland. The reissue, many years later, had a normal scale. I forgot they did a reissue in the late 70s, one of their ongoing efforts to "mine old gold".http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/1962_Gibson_ES-350TAs my memory settles in, I recall that it was not only the short scale that bothered me.......The neck was also both narrow and thin, making me feel like I was holding a mandolin neck (or something).FWIW, the more I play fat necks and a longer scale, the better my hand feels.
Pieman Posted December 9, 2015 Posted December 9, 2015 I think there's only one all hog Tally and it sold on eBay last year. Anyone here pick it up and willing to move it?Can you describe that? It is new to me. Do you mean a mahogany neck?
cynic Posted December 9, 2015 Author Posted December 9, 2015 Body, top, and neck. Similar to the recent Korina Tally that sold on eBay, but better.
DaveH Posted December 9, 2015 Posted December 9, 2015 Have you ever thought about a Guild Starfire II? I lusted after a Byrdland for a long time, but they were out of reach... Found a Starfire II and although not the same, it is an awesome sounding/[playing guitar. Just a thought.url
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.