Kurt L Posted September 26, 2020 Posted September 26, 2020 I know other brands of solderless cable have become popular but over the years I’ve accumulated a crapload of George L plugs and a super-crapload of short cable scraps. But... I need two lengths of cable in the 10-15 foot range. Anybody have some unloved .155 George L cable hanging around? If you bought it for a pedalboard, I can easily trade you much more than that length, just in smaller segments. (Seriously, I could do 10 boards with all the pieces I have.) Or I can swap you some plugs or pre-make you a few patch cables. I went to the George L website and had a case of sticker shock! Thought I’d ask around first...
Jakeboy Posted September 26, 2020 Posted September 26, 2020 I might know a shop that has some at a decent price....what is the going rate?
Kurt L Posted September 26, 2020 Author Posted September 26, 2020 The George L website is $2.75 per foot.
Jakeboy Posted September 26, 2020 Posted September 26, 2020 Mesa Hollywood is 2 bucks per foot. I am checking my local contact.
django49 Posted September 27, 2020 Posted September 27, 2020 I know I have talked about this outfit before....These cables are SUPPOSED to be compatible with your plugs and are under $.50 per foot. I have not tried this, but it is worth a look. I am very happy with everything I have bought from BTPA. Though my preference is the extra low cap cable, with the "silent" plug. https://btpa.com/Bulk-Product/Cable/Guitar-Line-LevelBP/CA-0492.html#product-details-tab-description
it's me HHB Posted September 28, 2020 Posted September 28, 2020 Ive had the same 30 ft George L cable since 1993. It was my wah back to marshall "big stage" cable lol. I use it every day
soli'd Posted September 28, 2020 Posted September 28, 2020 Even if you find it for less than a couple bucks a foot, if you need 30' of it you'd be better off buying a couple of prefab 15' instrument cables and not worry about the plugs.
killerteddybear Posted September 28, 2020 Posted September 28, 2020 22 hours ago, django49 said: I am very happy with everything I have bought from BTPA. Though my preference is the extra low cap cable, with the "silent" plug. https://btpa.com/Bulk-Product/Cable/Guitar-Line-LevelBP/CA-0492.html#product-details-tab-description +1
Jakeboy Posted September 28, 2020 Posted September 28, 2020 @Kurt L, my contact will sell me the George L cable cheap as he needs to get rid of the remaining spool as he Will cease being a George L dealer. Tell me what length you want and I’ll get you a quote this week and do the deal for you if you desire.
Kurt L Posted September 29, 2020 Author Posted September 29, 2020 3 hours ago, Jakeboy said: @Kurt L, my contact will sell me the George L cable cheap as he needs to get rid of the remaining spool as he Will cease being a George L dealer. Tell me what length you want and I’ll get you a quote this week and do the deal for you if you desire. Supercool!!! I was looking for about 30 feet but I could certainly buy more. Please get me a quote for 30 feet, and for however much he’s got left on the spool. If he’s blowing it out, it might be a win/win. Thanks for your help!
Jakeboy Posted September 30, 2020 Posted September 30, 2020 I won’t be able to get there till Friday morning. But it’ll happen
Kurt L Posted October 2, 2020 Author Posted October 2, 2020 HFC comes through again! Many thanks to Jakeboy!!!
Jakeboy Posted October 3, 2020 Posted October 3, 2020 My pleasure. I love the way the cool peeps on this forum hook each other up!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.