Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

cmatthes

Members
  • Posts

    31,693
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    495

Everything posted by cmatthes

  1. As a former owner of that one I won't even post a picture of it in its current state. It's just too freaking awful.
  2. You're just jealous because I have friends. Maybe I whack this thread and you can go play somewhere else? Seriously. Get a room!
  3. I got yer corncob right here, Matt...we're watching you, pal.
  4. PM are available here too - you don't have to catch up in public.
  5. This is all true. I snagged a really nice USA Vector case that I needed for $80 shipped a month or so ago. Guess he's got a pretty deep stash, but that's the only game in town for those things.
  6. The ACEburst WAS cool. Then it got butchered. The Sustainblockectomy rendered it completely undesirable in my opinion.
  7. That's a Hamer GC-8. The case for Studios, Sunbursts, etc. should be a GC-1, if I'm not mistaken. It'll probably fit, but won't be exactly the same.
  8. The cases that Hamer used in the '70s/early 80s for Sunbursts were virtually identical to Gibson Les Paul cases. I've compared many in-hand over the years and swapped the guitars with absolutely no difference in fit from guitar to case.
  9. ...and we hope you never do!
  10. Oh, we play looks. It's the same principle that allows a clean car to handle better and offer a smoother ride than its dirty ugly, less interesting counterpart. Fixed.
  11. Heritage/Heritage Forum threads are going to be consolidated here. All are welcome, but please keep in mind that this is a Hamer-centered forum, not a Heritage forum. We have plenty of fans of both brands who are active, contributing members and also many more lurkers, but it really isn't our intent to make this the substitute board for Heritage stuff. Hopefully, all of you will have a new, less draconian and highly informative and fun community soon - it sure sounds like some things are in the works! We're pretty laid back here, and have a lot of fun, but don't piss us off too much with those gawdawful headstocks!!
  12. In all fairness, if I had to play Heritage guitars, I'd be pretty cranky too.
  13. Believe it or not, they play worse than they look...
  14. This NEVER gets old!!
  15. From what I've seen, there won't be a slacker in the bunch!
  16. Nope.
  17. Kicking off the weekend...
  18. One more reason I can't stand that brand..."We make 'em like they used to"!
  19. Because unlike some other builders/manufacturers who use outdated, inferior methods because it's their heritage, Mike (like Hamer) do it correctly to all but preclude warping and twisting.
  20. Mahogany - even the same species - can vary greatly in color. I've got some blanks and bodies that look like totally different kinds of wood, but they're all Honduran. The camera lighting can impact it too. It usually does have a reddish-brown tint, but sometimes it can even resemble a darker Alder.
  21. In case you missed it...IT'S SNOWING!!!
  22. That's mahogany, not Korina.
  23. Surfacing the side of the binding channel.
×
×
  • Create New...