crunchee Posted July 25, 2025 Posted July 25, 2025 No affiliation, not a Hamer wannabe (supposedly). Interesting thing is that Gibson was still using one-piece Mahogany bodies on off-the-rack non-CS solidbodies back then, good luck finding THAT on a non-CS Gibson solidbody nowadays--see back photos of this guitar: Les Paul Studio DC '97 – Dave's Guitar Shop
Victor (Fret Friend) Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 Best Gibson pickup set IMO on that (498T bridge, 490R neck)...
santellavision Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 That is a pure, unadulterated rock-n-roll axe right there. Already got lots of marks and dings. Just play the crap out of it with no worries.
Hbom Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 I got a little excited when that one showed up yesterday. I hemmed and hawed for several minutes. It appears to be everything everyone has stated above, a real deal one piece body rock and roll music maker. Then I realized why it looked so familiar. It is an almost exact copy of the Gibson I almost bought way back in 2010. Then I found this and haven't looked back.
topekatj Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 3 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said: Wish it had a TOM bridge 😒 Wish those top two frets were accessible.
Dave Scepter Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 24 minutes ago, topekatj said: Wish those top two frets were accessible. Problem solved 🤣
Hbom Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 50 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said: Wish it had a TOM bridge 😒 I went through that too. Bought my '96 with TOM and think it's a fine guitar. I played the wrapper more though.
hamerican gigolo Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 I'd take a wraptail bridge over a TOM any day of the week! 😀
hamerican gigolo Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 4 hours ago, Hbom said: I got a little excited when that one showed up yesterday. I hemmed and hawed for several minutes. It appears to be everything everyone has stated above, a real deal one piece body rock and roll music maker. Then I realized why it looked so familiar. It is an almost exact copy of the Gibson I almost bought way back in 2010. Then I found this and haven't looked back. I recently bought a '90s Studio. Awesome hunk of wood.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.