django49 Posted July 23 Posted July 23 So, I broke down and agreed to sell the two special DuoTones I still had. That gets me down apparently to just five. Newport with Bigsby Monaco Elite with Lollar P90s Monaco SuperPro....Custom order with korina, Lollar Imperials, F hole. 25th Anniversary Ltd Edition Artist Ultimate (Not counting a cheapie import set up in a faint tilt toward David Gilmour's Strat). Cannot think of too many reasons to cut loose any. Well, I probably will sell the Newport, but looking to do that locally. Hard to believe how many I once had!😉 12 Quote
mathman Posted July 23 Posted July 23 Well, you can't take them with you.... But you can TRY!   😀 1 Quote
Tortious Posted July 24 Posted July 24 I've reached an age where I am starting to plot in my head that at some point in the next couple of years, I need to start doing what you've been doing. 47 guitars (9 Hamers for the scorekeepers) and assorted amps/effects etc all crammed into a one-bedroom condo has been great fun for me, but nothing goes on forever. At least the condo is paid for and I don't 'have to' do anything until I want to. 12 Quote
Dutchman Posted July 25 Posted July 25 I've been thinning too! No guitars yet but a bunch of amps. A studio here in FL came over to check out my 68 Super Bassman. The rare one they only built for a couple months. They left with that amp, a 64' Bandmaster, a 63 6G6B Bassman, and a 65 AA864 Blackface Bassman. All amps from my studio. I still have 8 amps left. I really don't want to sell those yet! 5 Quote
django49 Posted July 25 Author Posted July 25 5 hours ago, Dutchman said: I've been thinning too! No guitars yet but a bunch of amps. A studio here in FL came over to check out my 68 Super Bassman. The rare one they only built for a couple months. They left with that amp, a 64' Bandmaster, a 63 6G6B Bassman, and a 65 AA864 Blackface Bassman. All amps from my studio. I still have 8 amps left. I really don't want to sell those yet! Good results! More than once I had someone come over to buy something, ask what else I had, then proceeded to take more. A few years back I had a young guy locally that went rather nuts on guitars Could barely play when I met him, but he got better. Over a couple years, he bought over $60k in guitars and related gear just from me. Pretty sure he spent even more on real high end guitars from others. I reckon that he shipped a good number of them to China through Hong Kong before they tighten things up. I could make more progress if Mr. Hong was still in a buying mood....😉 Yeah, I have a pretty weighty stack of amp gear, including several classic Mesa pieces, some Swarts as well as the (too many) cabinets I built. But it does not make a lot of sense to ship those heavy things. 4 Quote
tommy p Posted July 29 Posted July 29 It broke my heart, but I sold my Zandard a few months ago. I've been meaning to make a post about it. I've also sold 4 other guitars from my collection and have 4 on Reverb right now. 2 Quote
hamerican gigolo Posted July 29 Posted July 29 (edited) On 7/23/2026 at 10:24 PM, Tortious said: 47 guitars (9 Hamers  47 guitars in a 1 bedroom condo??? Geez Louise, i thought i had too many in a similar living situation. 😳 Edited July 29 by hamerican gigolo 1 1 Quote
ARM OF HAMER Posted July 29 Posted July 29 Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â I'm down to one guitar [ Non Hamer guitar] and 2 amps..............no effects. At age 73 less is more for me. Like Vince Gil said..................you only need one guitar to make music. Actually I believe it was his wife that told him that. 1 4 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.