Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recommended Posts

Posted

Sure, you can buy the original for a few hundred thousand, or you can own this one for $7500. Provenance: @elduave to @bubs_42 to @tommy p. I will post links to earlier Zandard threads when I have a chance. Initially selling in-person in DC metro area to HFC’er or to your trusted helper to buy and ship it. If no one local bites I will reconsider shipping. It is only 9.4 lbs according to kitchen scale but weight is a problem for my shoulder. Thanks for looking! 

IMG_4852.jpegIMG_4851.jpegIMG_4850.jpeg
 

IMG_4853.jpeg
Or buy this: 

 

  • Like 12
Posted (edited)

If I could still play, I'd buy it back.  It was a Holy Grail of a guitar for me and spent 16 years in my guitarsenal.  When I had my Cheap Trick tribute band, I rotated through all of my 25 guitars and usually took 3-5 to my gigs.  That was the ONLY guitar that went to every gig.  I miss playing it terribly (double meaning intended 😂).

Edited by tommy p
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
Posted

The 3 Zandards were all spectacular instruments and each one had a different top selected so they wouldn’t look identical.  I remember taking pics of them for Elduave’s shop when they came in and was kinda kicking myself that I had just ordered a Greenburst Standard at the time and couldn’t swing both!  
 

The way Standards are getting up there, this one is right on the money and less than what a new Gibson copy of one sells for!

 

  • Like 2
Posted
On 9/29/2026 at 9:55 AM, bry4321 said:

Sure, you can buy the original for a few hundred thousand, or you can own this one for $7500. Provenance: @elduave to @bubs_42 to @tommy p. I will post links to earlier Zandard threads when I have a chance. Initially selling in-person in DC metro area to HFC’er or to your trusted helper to buy and ship it. If no one local bites I will reconsider shipping. It is only 9.4 lbs according to kitchen scale but weight is a problem for my shoulder. Thanks for looking! 

IMG_4852.jpegIMG_4851.jpegIMG_4850.jpeg
 

IMG_4853.jpeg
Or buy this: 

 

May I ask why it is called a Zandard?

Dot neck instead of Crowned and Bound?

Does it apply just to 4 digits?

  • Thanks 1
Posted
7 hours ago, Ham Rex said:

May I ask why it is called a Zandard?

Dot neck instead of Crowned and Bound?

Does it apply just to 4 digits?

Good question! From @Hamerica:

 

I believe that the guitar in question is #0004 and originally was a gift from Rick Nielsen to Robin Zander. Hencefore, the nickname Zandard. 

If you have purchased the recently released 30th Anniversary at Budokan, you can get a couple of shots of the Zandard in action with Rick. 

It is also on page 125 of the Guitars of the Stars book that Bill Rich put out a few years ago. 

The Elduave run of three is one of the coolest limited Standard runs in a long time. 
 

From @elduave

Jol and I where talking. The conversation steered to the run of 3 Standards I wanted built that where to color match the Guitars Of The Stars #0004. He referred to them as the Zander Standards. I asked why, he said that #0004 was made for Robin, but Rick absorbed it into his stash. Later I just put the 2 words together, ZANDer stanARD.
 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...