Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Yet another cool custom Hamer bass for sale...

Not mine, but if this is the one I think it is, I've got shots of it hanging in the factory awaiting final buffing.

103771427_lg.jpg

This is actually Pearl White, but if I recall, the certificate says "TV Yellow" incorrectly.

I believe they are asking $1,799...

(but it IS the end of the month!!!!)

Is that the one that was made for Tony Babylon?

Cool one for sure.

Yep. I think it has the headstock personalization as well, but tough to see anything from that pic.

A bass player from California. Tony's a nice guy. He used to hang out here years ago. I don't see him here much any more.

I sold him the 85 Blades Bass I had at one time. The lavender one that nobody liked the color on it.

He comes across some nice pieces of gear from time to time.

I believe I actually won this in an Ebay auction a few years back, for less than $1k. The seller later (I don't remember her ID) lied about not being able to go through with the sale for some stupid reason.

I posted then about it here, and decided not to give negative feedback so as not to ruin mine.

Buyer Beware.

Tony still posts here on occasion, about as much as he did in the past. I've purchased two basses from him - both good and trustworthy deals. He has, or has had, a number of really cool Hamer basses over the years and has tracked down some neat pieces, which always end up for sale here or there eventually.

I remember talking to him about that bass during the order process, and MN may be right about the original TV Yellow thing. He was asking me a lot of questions about the Medium Scale bass as well, so I had assumed that is what he'd order, but he ended up going with the 30.5" version in Pearly White in the end.

The bass is currently at a GC (Huntington Beach, CA?), so shouldn't be the same issue with a trustworthy/flakey eBay seller. There IS a woman who has sold a few of his basses in the past - the name escapes me now though...Rocia Esquibel? Something like that.

This is actually Pearl White, but if I recall, the certificate says "TV Yellow" incorrectly.

If it's a white Hamer and it's not yellow, just wait.......it will be. :ph34r:

The factory actually screwed up the color...was supposed ot be TV Yellow and came in looking white but Hamer claimed THAT WAS their TV Yellow. If you look really close you can sort of see grain thru it. I think it was part of the reason he decided to sell it...was frustrated about the color.

Cool bass.

Notice the dual-truss cover on it...but it's a single-truss bass.

That would be incredibly cool with seafoam "bursting" around the body edges.

• 1 month later...

Archived